1998-9 Porsche Bike S

Soft touch paint is a bitch for grabbing dirt & finger prints, but I've never worked with one that could resist cellulose thinners!

Retro Spud":1u5ggjld said:
Pearlescent White - Yum Yum

Such a lovely understated colour, will look great

I was secretly hoping the paint would need doing but was trying to resist but Pearlescent will suit it down to the ground.

Peachy!":37yh1z2o said:
Soft touch paint is a bitch for grabbing dirt & finger prints, but I've never worked with one that could resist cellulose thinners!

Yeah it's very weird stuff.

yakboy":3427nm52 said:
Retro Spud":3427nm52 said:
Pearlescent White - Yum Yum

Such a lovely understated colour, will look great

I was secretly hoping the paint would need doing but was trying to resist but Pearlescent will suit it down to the ground.

Who do you have in mind - Argos in Bristol or some closer to you ?

Re:

After a bit of a hiatus and a bit of a rethink I have decided to thoroughly clean the original paint, touch it up but use a Pearlescent Clear Coat over the top of it as I thought it would be a shame to lose the original decals. So the frame has been thoroughly cleaned (and is only touched with clean gloves...it really does pick up dirt that quickly :shock: ), I have applied the martini decals and just waiting for the postie to deliver the pearlescent spray and 2 pack top coat and we'll see how it goes.

50436994996_d83f0f6a0b_c.jpg

Back