1997 Volvo Cannondale Super V DHF - Missy Giove Race Bike‏

boxxer":381t90b6 said:
Thats the MkII

02 Boxxers and Dee-Max, lovely. I thought they had an earlier one as well somewhere as Giove ran Hopes for a season....

You're right boxxer, in '98, she raced the version Factory Jackson posted from the magazine scan.

Attachments

• MISSY GIOVE TRAINING BIG BEAR, USA. GRUNDIG DOWNHILL WORLD CUP 1998.jpg
    MISSY GIOVE TRAINING BIG BEAR, USA. GRUNDIG DOWNHILL WORLD CUP 1998.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 979
Compilation of parts have begun!

Coda Magic DH Cranks 175mm
Shimano M636 Pedals
Sachs Quarz rear derailleur

Depending on the route I have to take to finish the drivetrain, I may need to use two non driveside crank arms and create a custom spider and drill bolts into the rings. Anyone have a 175mm non driveside or cheap Coda crankset for sale?

Attachments

• VCMG_crank_der_peds.JPG
    VCMG_crank_der_peds.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 967
Also on the lookout for:

Headshock Moto FR fork in red with disk mount (or even better...super moto fork!)
Mavic 121 rims
IRC Missile tires

this is AWESOME!!!
At the time, I was a sucker fro everything C'dale ( I rode to quasi-destruction a 1996 superV Active), Missy was my idol.
The fact that this is practically unobtanium does make it uber-special.
Congratulations and keep up the good work!

albystarvation":2i6jhnbe said:
this is AWESOME!!!
At the time, I was a sucker fro everything C'dale ( I rode to quasi-destruction a 1996 superV Active), Missy was my idol.
The fact that this is practically unobtanium does make it uber-special.
Congratulations and keep up the good work!

Thanks man. You're not kidding, we could only dream about riding these back in the day.

Does anyone have an idea how many of these DHFs were made or any history?

Oh boy, i've all of a sudden realized that I passed the last 30 minutes staring at the frame's image in page 1 of this thread!!
I can't even imagine how much I could get transfixed while looking at the real thing!

just some quick googling over here, and i came up with this cool page. i am interested to see how/what they did regarding the drivetrain on this bike. you might want to try contacting someone at C'dale, or former workers, etc...

i DO have two spare sets of m900 coda cranks here, both with cracked non-drive arms. i suppose it wouldnt matter that much if you're going to have to modify the arms anyways. although - looking at these pictures, it seems it might have been a whole, specially machined arm/arms for this application.

http://evablis.soup.io/post/237303607/V ... uper-V-DHF

Re:

My best friend mr shaun burnside had the first super v dh in the country back in the day and was featured in the very first edition of dirt magazine! We now spend our days fly fishing! Hey ho!!

my new in box Moto 120 Dh might be a good match.

trxtr":2otuzpe0 said:
Also on the lookout for:

Headshock Moto FR fork in red with disk mount (or even better...super moto fork!)
Mavic 121 rims
IRC Missile tires

Attachments

• image_3.jpeg
    image_3.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 720
Back