1997 Tinker Juarez Cannondale team bike

I found a decent number of team pictures and they were very inconsistent on spec. Seemed like every pictures had something different on it. I had emailed it to Tinker but never heard back from him.

Yeah, this one has been getting a fair amount of attention at the shop even from people who have no idea who Tinker is. Not sure if is the style , the color or what?

The "odd" fork lasted from Cactus Cup until Mammoth on the team bikes. Gachet separated his at a fair few mph- that was '95 I'm pretty sure. It allowed longer travel with the same axle to crown measurement. Looked neat too.

Juarez used the same custom -25 120mm stem for years and years. Those Kore ones are darn nice bits though. The bike should have the g2 looks (moab?) that he and Djernis ran far after they were discontinued. 48/36 double chainset too. Tinker was still running a 1.75" v-claw rear tires at this point as well. Tinker didn't run v's until a year or two after the team, and adopted tubeless and discs a fair few years after everyone else as well.

Back