1997 Tinker Juarez Cannondale team bike

FirstFlight

Senior Retro Guru
This is a 1997 Tinker Juarez frame that was likely a spare bike. We received it as a frame, fork and stem and then tried to duplicate a team bike as closely as possible. As sponsors and personal preferences changed, the parts spec changed frequently. This makes duplicating a team bike pretty difficult. If anyone has any suggestions/corrections, let us know.

TinkerSide.jpg

TinkerBrake.jpg

TinkerCrank.JPG

TinkerName.JPG

TinkerUSA.jpg

Was it a personal preference of Tinker Juarez to run cantis in 97? I thought the 97 frames and forks didn't have canti bridges, so were his frames altered specially?

Still I read once that he had the padding taken out of his shorts to save weight, so I suppose it wouldn't be all that surprising if he didn't bother with brakes at all!

Did you see the thread about him working out in somebody's back yard play area?

Attachments

• retrobiker's back garden getting used.jpg
    retrobiker's back garden getting used.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 2,774
  • retrobiker's back garden.jpg
    retrobiker's back garden.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 2,773
Wow man this is the bike that I'm after with. I'm very jealous in a positive way. I'm building a replica myself. What bar is mounted ? Coda Expert ?
I know that there is a Selle Italia Flite Tinker Juarez edition. Sometimes you can find it on Ebay. Maybe an black aluminum Syncros seatpost.

I was never able to confirm which bars would have been stock, maybe CODA? The bike currently has Answer bars on it. When did the Tinker seats come out? Might make a neat addition to the bike.

This frame was made in late 1996 and did come with canti mounts front and rear.

Back