1997 RS Judy SL internals conumdrum

REKIBorter

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Stripped down some recently aquired 1997 Rock Shox Judy SL's, the internals are not standard RS issue, does anyone recognise them? Instead of the neutral shaft assembly and cartridge are two small shafts with bottom out springs. The forks seem to function well but have not been fitted to a bike yet.

Attachments

• judy-002.jpg
    judy-002.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 4,351
  • judy-001.jpg
    judy-001.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 4,350
  • int-1.jpg
    int-1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 4,341
1997 Judy SL internials conumdrum

Hey what did you find out on the Judys?I just picked up on a fork the other day.Mine had Englund inserts put in the.I know someone esle asked this question but are they together rite.The springs look kinda short compared to mine.Did yers have the adjustment on the fork lower or bolted down tight.Let me know what info etc you found out as I'm in the middle of a rebuild so to speak.I've found an owners manual (RS) and a guy @ Mountain Racing Products sent me some info on seal replacement,tuning info>

I know nothing about these, this is just a shameless plug as I have a set of type II springs that fit these for sale that I bought thinking they were springs for the older Judy's ;)

Wow! Someone did some digging to resurect this thread.

The forks work really well, very smooth supple action plus they are very light. The only problem are the bushings, which were notoriously bad on 97 forks, need replacing. Need to find - borrow - make a tool to get them out, replacing them is fairly straight forward :?:

I had a set of Indy SLs with a pair of these fitted and they were one of the lightest forks around at the time. I tried to ignore the brake rub when cornering though. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back