1997 Kona Kula frame 18" £75 posted REDUCED

Skeelsie

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Recently powder coated in orange, has a tiny bit of chain suck but no dents or hidden secrets.

Get Gil to sort some decals out and it'll make a very fine looking and riding cross country machine.

Easton Elite tubeset so very light, originally a £1500 bike with lots of XTR and Marzocchi Bombers.

Has a Shimano BB in still and can supply an alloy seat clamp for it if you want it.

Price is £75 posted in the UK

Cheaper for collection from Stansted

Attachments

• DSCF6675 copy.jpg
    DSCF6675 copy.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 3,005
  • DSCF6659 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF6659 (Medium).JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 3,005
Still don't understand Kona sizing I'm afraid, so where is 18" measured and what is virtual top tube length?

Thanks!

top tube

hey, could you please measure top tube center to center rather than tube to tube?
do you have any pics in original color before power coating it?

thx,
norbert

560mm centre to centre on the top tube.

I'm not the original owner of the frame but according to the Kona World tech guy it's a 97 frame (though the same spec was kept for the 98 frame).

http://forums.konaworld.com/index.php?showtopic=13020

It would have been a a dark burgundy colour like this one.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28122

As 98 and 97 were the same frames you could be flexible with the paint scheme if you fancied going for a period look.

The previous owner was trying to replicate the 98 paint with powder coat.

I can't justify buying this myself, but I thought I would just confirm that it is a 1997 frame (Tech@konaworld isn't infallible IMPE!) The H6 in the serial number says that it was built at Hodaka in 1996, as would the majority of 1997 model year frames. The serial number doesn't exclude it being a 1996 model, but the cable routing does.

The colour is quite a good replica of the 1998 colour IMO, see below the 1997 and 98 colours.

Attachments

• 1998 Kula size 18 quite original made £340.jpg
    1998 Kula size 18 quite original made £340.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 2,654
  • 1997 Kula frame size 18.jpg
    1997 Kula frame size 18.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 2,653
Thanks for adding that Anthony, much appreciated.

We bow to your bike wisdom! :D

FWIW i think that 97 colour is lovely, if I could get the powder coater to do a metallic finish for under £50 i'd get it done but at the moment funds don't allow.

Latest posts

Back