1997 Kona Kilauea size 18

Anthony

Retrobike Rider
Very original and looks to be in good condition. The seller has owned it from new, but I'm afraid he has forgotten what size it is. If you're looking for a size 17, be aware that this is in fact an 18.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230851669086

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The bidding has reached £412 with a day to go. If the bids are genuine, this is heading for a record for a near-original rigid Kona.

The seller has now corrected the size.

Been watching that, I had one of these, really good colour and sticker set.
Mine was also 18"
Swapped it for a Mk1 Astra SR back in about 1999.

Blimey, someone wants this even more than I do!

Is it because it's a '97 or because it's all original components? No close-ups and no mention of scuffs, chips, dents, chain wear or anything. Taking a chance aren't we? :shock:

There are only two bidders. Two people can be wrong, but they still constitute an auction. In auctions like this though, there is no guarantee that the winning bidder will pay up. People bid unwisely, then receive advice and then back out.

The bike does look to be in good condition, but I don't think it is 'worth' anything like £502, in the sense that you couldn't expect to get that much if you put it back up for sale. The 1997 Kilauea is an excellent bike IMO, but while there are those that think the 97 look was the archetypal Hawaiian-style look, there are others who find it gaudy and prefer the conservative 94 style.

Anthony":29hucazs said:
...there are those that think the 97 look was the archetypal Hawaiian-style look, there are others who find it gaudy and prefer the conservative 94 style.

Never one to get off the fence unless pushed I have a '95 Cinder Cone and a '97 Explosif.

Anthony":6vz998ua said:
There are only two bidders. Two people can be wrong, but they still constitute an auction. In auctions like this though, there is no guarantee that the winning bidder will pay up. People bid unwisely, then receive advice and then back out.
Nevertheless, the high bidder put on a further bid just before the end, in case anyone out-bid him. Not much chance of that, I should have thought. I wonder what his maximum bid was?

I feel sure this is a record eBay price for a near-original rigid Kona.

Back