1997 Kona Explosif

chasmon

Retro Newbie
I assume my advert was taken down due to having no price - apologies to the admins I only found the advert posting rules after quite a bit of searching...

Kona Explosif 1997, bought new in 1998 and owned by me since.

Not ridden for some years until recently I dusted it off and have been using it for a 22 mile round trip commute.

Everything original except: saddle, handlebar and tyres (original curve handlebar included though and original front 'scratch' and a Panaracer folding tyre included).

The good: Paintwork is overall very good with very few paint chips other than on the chainstays. Gears, brakes and all working well with the exception of a little bit of gear cable binding but a new unfitted set of XTR gear cables is included. Original Wellgo WPD-700 pedals included! :)

The bad: When I first had the bike it suffered bad chainsuck which Kona actually gave me a unconditional lifetime warranty on the frame for. This has done some damage to the chainstay behind the chainset. I've not taken the chainset off to inspect but it could need some remedial work. The Rockshox Indy SL also needs an overhaul or replacing as the Elastomers are knackered, I was planning on going rigid and getting a project2.

Now planning to get a roady hence the sale.

Pictures :) :

Looking for £300

Happy to answer any questions

Charlie

Re:

Make sure you list the size, it looks 18" to me.

Absolute beast frames these, I love mine :)

Good luck with the sale.

Re:

Hi there, I assume this is sold but if not I'd like to buy it at the full £300 please.
Pm sent.

Re:

Hi there, I assume this is sold but if not I'd like to buy it at the full £300 please.
Pm sent.

Nope not sold and apologies for the delay in getting back to you I didn't get an alert to you responses.

Provisionally sold to OILE... :)

Cheers

Re:

Great! I've sent an email this time and hope it gets through ok.
Let me know on here if not and I'll try a Pm again.

Cheers
Jon

Back