1997 Kona Cinder Cone Disc conversion

Very nice. Love that colour with the silver accents on the stem and fork :cool:

How are you attaching the hose to the top tube?
Thank you 🙏 I’m looking forward to seeing it built with the decals on.
I filed out the cable stops on the top tube and some self adhesive hose guides for the centre.

Attachments

• IMG_4619.jpeg
    IMG_4619.jpeg
    979.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4618.jpeg
    IMG_4618.jpeg
    498 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4617.jpeg
    IMG_4617.jpeg
    381.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Just had a 30 mile test ride and I’m really happy with how it rides. Very smooth and the fork feels very supple. Definitely better than the Hahanna although that did ride great, the Cinder Cone just feels like a magic carpet. I can’t wait for some long days out in the hills now.
I’ll get a front disc to match the rear, decals and some fresh grips and I think it’ll be damn near perfect for me. (For now) IMG_4623.jpeg IMG_4624.jpeg IMG_4622.jpeg

Thank you very much. I’m an amateur compared to a lot of folks on here, there’s some seriously talented creative people on here that are happy to share their skills. I like the lines of ‘90’s bikes, there’s something about the skinny round tubes that must of imprinted on me back in the day lol

Last edited:
Thank you very much. I’m an amateur compared to a lot of folks on here, there’s some seriously talented creative people on here that are happy to share their skills. I like the lines of ‘90’s bikes, there’s something about the skinny round tubes that must of imprinted on me back in the day lol
It’s all about the skinny tubes and simple lines!

Back