1997 GT Xizang Build Update 26/07/2011

Photo1163.jpg

Photo1164.jpg

Ian W":3ly3oswq said:
I think I just found my new favourite bike on here :shock:

29/05/2011

bought a set of original GT bars like the ones pictured on page 2 which should be with me sometime this week, and im now trying to find a new wheelset for the bike. it temporarilly has the wheels borrowed from my old cindercone (LX hubs/Mavic SUP) but id like to replace them with wheels worthy of the xizang :? i didnt think wheels were this difficult to come by but finding a suitable wheelset is more challenging than i thought. ideally i would like to find a hope hubbed pair of wheels in blue or silver. Like these; (pic i borrowed off the forum)

hope_2021_8651.jpg

cheers

Moonstone Mart":xiog3umn said:
Very nice bike indeed, always wanted a xizang when I was younger.
Have you included the frame price in your £325 total?

Mart.

thats £325 for the frame, forks, wheels and the other parts you see in the picture above. Theres still a few other bits to go on it yet, i'd imagine it would have cost me around the £500 mark when finished

sean

I give you Now £325 just for the Frame then :)

Any way is becoming a Nice Xizang, I will use some Blues the same way as yours but wana ride it ASAP :)

Thanks for the comments. im not going to part with it. if i did, i'd know i will never own another or anything like an xizang :cry:

it has been polished quite a bit for the photos, but once its done im just going to accept that it wont stay shiny forever. it can barely be touched without it picking up the fingerprints

i'll try and update this soon

cheers, sean

I know mate the finger prints and a pain in the arse, ive had to change two decals for new ones and you could see the difference in its finish :cool:

Awesome bikes i need me stem to be shorter now to match all my other bikes im thinking 125mm its 135 now way to long ;)

Back