1997 Argos TT

Matt_wood55

Senior Retro Guru
Chuffed to bits to have got this from the original owner

1997 Argos TT build with Columbus Ego frame (tear drop profile, amazing) and Argos won flat bladed 753 forks. It's got all the paper work and cost back then £825. They'll still build similar today and it will set you back the best part of £3k

Looking to TT this next season, and will be building up with DA 7700 - so if anyone has a groupset going I'd be interested. Its a mix of parts at the monent and a decent Campag group is out of my budget.

Attachments

• Argos 1.jpg
    Argos 1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Argos 2.jpg
    Argos 2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Argos 3.jpg
    Argos 3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 43
I had an ex Stuart Dangerfield Argos 753 and can vouch for their exemplary build and handling. Best of luck sourcing the groupset.

I had an ex Stuart Dangerfield Argos 753 and can vouch for their exemplary build and handling. Best of luck sourcing the groupset.
Not many frames have been as quick as that one!! National champ pedigree. Got the groupset now thanks to a Retrobike member and just built it up today, only bar tape to add and she’s good to go!

What wheels are you planning?

What about spinngy wheels?

Or Mavic cosmics - early aero wheels?

Cheers James

What wheels are you planning?

What about spinngy wheels?

Or Mavic cosmics - early aero wheels?

Cheers James
I’ve just got some planet x’s at the moment, but I’ll be after something of the same vintage as the frame. Maybe Shamals but they’re going for a fortune these days. Going to have to bide my time I think, but at least I’ll be able to ride it.

Cheers

Back