1996 Rocky Mountain Element frame, XT front and rear mechs

curlie467

Retro Guru
I have a Rocky Mountain Element frame going spare. £70 ono posted
1996 in Polished alloy with a yellow rear triangle.
19" from centre of BB to top of seat tube.
Fox Vanilla coil shock.
Seems to have good bushes so ready to be built up and go.
Comes with BB, headset and seatclamp installed.
015-10_zpsf854cc27.jpg

016-8_zps9bd17fa0.jpg

Shimano rear derailleur, XT M739 8 speed, in good working order and condition with good jockey wheels. £15 ono posted.
020-3_zps9a62eccf.jpg

Shimano front derailleur, XT M738, 31.8mm clamp, top pull, in good working order and condition. £10 ono posted.
010-18_zpsbbba15e9.jpg

Re: 1996 Rocky Mountain Element frame, XT front and rear mec

Nice, my size, how much doubt can you give a fellow RB'er on the Friday evening...

Go on, you know you want to. Make a cheeky offer! Where do you need it posting to?

Let me think about that! Any idea on postage to the Netherlands? I'm a little puzzled on the cable routing on the top tube, when I look in the brochure, they are routed on the side of the top tube, but yours has them right on the top. Sure it's a 1996? Paint is original?

I can find out about postage for you.

I was sure it was a 1996 but may be wrong by a year, it is the original paint. What year does your brochure suggest?

Paint job suggests 1996, cable stops indicate 1997... :)

Hmm, definitely original paint and nothing has been altered.

Postage might be a fair few pounds to the netherlands though, coming in at around £35 - £40 at the moment but I will try some more to get the price down.

As it's an Easton frame, it should have been built in the Rocky Mountain factory in Vancouver. The serial number should confirm that, and may also confirm the year. I would imagine though that it is a 96, despite detail differences from the catalogue picture, as it's the same in all those respects as the only other one I've seen. Sometimes details are changed after a catalogue shoot has been done.

Whats the:

➡️ actual TT length, CtoC?
➡️ HT length
➡️ What size seatpost is needed?

Cheers,

Mark

Back