1996 Kona Lava Dome - Orange colour frame

tramaziboy

Retro Newbie
Hi,

I am selling my 18" 1996 Kona Lava Dome on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kona-Lava-Dom ... 1e65c2583a

I previously had the dark blue 19" Lava Dome back in the day and loved it so bought this as a project, unfortunately, I have not touched the thing. I have been out on her about 3 times since I have had her.

I checked my PayPal history and I paid £425 for it in march 2008. I don't expect to get what I paid for it back, as I know I paid over the odds for it, and was foolishly misled to believe it was in immaculate condition, which it isn't. The bike is also a little too small for me being an 18" frame.

As mentioned above, this bike is in 'used' condition. It has a fair few scratches to the frame, and touch ups. There is a ding on the top tube also but nothing serious. You can see it on the 7th pic of the listing. Its quite hard to get the defects to show up but if you look closely you can see them.

It has to go as the other half has been nagging me to get it moved out of the hall for the past 2 years, and with the arrival of our first child 5 months ago this nagging has just escalated as the hallway now consists of the Lava Dome, a P7 Pro and some big bloody pram.

If anyone lives local, (Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan) viewing can be arranged and I am available most evenings after 1800hrs.

Any questions please feel free to drop me a line,

Thanks

Ross

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It looks pretty good to me, and would look better still if you had adjusted the brightness in the photos! If those wheels are 517 CD rims on XT M750 hubs, then you're slightly understating your case in the listing. They are worth most of the opening bid alone.

Thanks for the info, I didn't realise they were worth so much!

I have updated the listing now with the details.

The front rim is a Mavic XC717 with Shimano Diore XT HB-M750 hubs.

The rear rim is a Mavic X517 with Shimano Diore XT FH-M750 hub.

They both seem in great condition.

Thanks you for the info.

There are a couple of bids on this now so looks like it is going to sell.

Could someone give me some advice on the best way to package this up for delivery?

Take a trip to your local bike shop & ask them for an old bike box.Most will oblige as it saves them getting rid ;)

Then remove seatpost, loosen stem & turn 90degrees & use plenty of bubble wrap & old cardboard to wrap it up & pack out the boxonce the bike is in.

Many thanks for the advice so far.

I have had a question from an eBay user asking if I would post to Spain. Does anyone have any experience on posting abroad, and if so what the cost of posting would be, import tax advice and tracking of the item to overseas?

Back