1996 Kona Kula 19" - SOLD

mousemat

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Need to clear some space so I'm putting my Kula up for sale. I picked this bike up complete from the original owner and it had seen little use. The bike is 90% original spec with the tyres, grips, pedals and saddle the only items to have changed since purchase. The spec deviates slightly from what the 1996 catalogue says with an XT rear mech and a Sachs front mech, the original owner said this is how he bought it new. Catalogue deviations are not unheard of and the parts are of the correct period so I had no reason not to believe him. Since in my ownership I have replaced the saddle with a Charge Spoon (I still have the original but it is in poor condition) and fitted a set of amberwall IRC tyres (mythos & pirahnna). Spec is as follows:

Frame: Kona Kula Easton Elite Tubing 19"
Fork: Rock Shox Judy XC
Headset: Kona Impact
Stem: Kona Velocity Aluminium
Handlebar: Easton EA-70 Aluminium
Brakes: Magura HS11
Shifters: Grip Shift X-Ray
Front Derailleur: Sachs
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT
Cassette: SHimano XT
Cranks: Curve OM
Bottom Bracket: Curve ZVL
Rims: Mavic 217
Hubs: Shimano Deore XT
Tyres: IRC Amberwal (Mythos & Pirahnna)
Saddle: Carge Spoon brown
Seatpost: Kona Race Light O-Beam
Seatpost Binder: Kona

The bike is in great condition, some small scratches and chips as expected through use but no dents or cracks. The original Curve cranks are still present and not cracked which is rare in its self!!! Forks move smoothly and the Magura brakes seem to function fine too. I'll be sad to see this go as it's a lovely light XC bike but it's just not getting ridden and it seems sad to have it hanging in the garage.

Price is £350 collected from Milton Keynes. Alternatively I would be happy to meet within a fair radius of Milton Keynes or I can box up and arrange courrier at cost.

SOLD

wow, oh wow, very nice indeed :shock:

for the front der.: Sachs front mechs seems to be OE spec. for the 96 range. my 96 Explosif was also equipped with one of those.

I don't want to be a vulture but that saddle would look really nice on my Explosif would you part exchange for a black one?
:oops:

Thats truly beautiful and if I didn't have a 28" inside leg I would be knocking on your door round about now :( ,
Ohh well

Scarfacexxx08":215rnnqd said:
How are the forks? Are the Elastomers ok?

The forks seem fine. I have not disassembled to check the condition of the elastomers because I don't know what I'm doing! :oops: All I know is that they compress and extend smoothly throughout the full length of travel.

Back