1996 Kona Hot, original mavic crossmax wheelset, full M952

Re: pix and cable stops

wasn't that the cable routing layout for the 97 Kona range ?

All my 96 Konas does have single on top and double on downtube, incl. the Ku which was custom too, like the Hot. This is also illustrated in the 96 brochures here in the "Archive & Gallery"

No saying that this isn't a Hot but I would assume that it is a 97 welded in the last months of 1996.

Any details of the original paint will help dating the frame exactly.

Nice frames they are, anyway.

Re:

If you don't want this thread to be locked, then you should add a price (as per the forum rules - see that big yellow box at the top? ;)). Otherwise it needs to be moved to the eBay and Marketplace Watch section.

magas":2plmt0y0 said:

All my 96 Konas does have single on top and double on downtube, incl. the Ku which was custom too, like the Hot. This is also illustrated in the 96 brochures here in the "Archive & Gallery"

No saying that this isn't a Hot but I would assume that it is a 97 welded in the last months of 1996.

Most of the '96 Hots I've seen have a rear brake stop (a year before the rest of the line) so nothing unusual there :D

She's a post Teesdale Hot made by Mountain Goat ;)

Attachments

• goat drop outs.jpg
    goat drop outs.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 249

Canuck":ijivjj7v said:
magas":ijivjj7v said:

Most of the '96 Hots I've seen have a rear brake stop (a year before the rest of the line) so nothing unusual there :D

She's a post Teesdale Hot made by Mountain Goat ;)

its not about the rear brake stop - its about the double cable stops on the toptube - that's what I have never seen on any 96 Kona - neither on a Hahana nor on Hot/Ku/HeiHei - the goats on the rear drop out I have seen on 97 Hot's also.

But maybe "custom" by Kona means really custom ;)

No orignal paint and decals = hard to value :?

Back