1995 Saracen Tufftrax - Brighton - SOLD!

redzero

Dirt Disciple
This is my long term Saracen Tufftrax, owned by me from new.

I have put a lot of miles on this bike and it has been properly serviced and repaired when necessary, always with original or better parts.

The groupset is basically Shimano STX. The derailieur and pedal crank are the originals but the front chainwheels have been replaced with original replacements some time in the past. The rear cassette has been changed many times along with the chain and the bottom bracket bearing.

The gripshift rubbers and handlebar grips are fairly new as are the tyres, being Kenda copies of the old '90s Panaracer smoke/dart tyres. Both tubes are new slime tubes. The rear brake is the original STX canti but with recent blocks. The front is a Deore V Brake but I have the original canti which can go with the bike.

The pedals are 90s Shimano with SPD on one side and plain on the other. I have the original pedals that came with the bike.

The wheels are the third pair it has worn. These are Mavic X 221 rims on Deore hubs.

The seat is a decent enough gel one but the bike would look better with a retro Ritchey one I guess.

Given its age and the miles I have put on it there are a few knocks and scratches, plus all the Tufftrax decals have long since departed but as you can see both the original superb paintwork and the general condition of the bike is excellent.

This is a sad sale. I haven't ridden this bike for a year or more due to recurrence of a knee problem and I have had to face facts and will not be riding off-road any longer. This bike has been a good friend but keeping it for sentimental reasons just isn't me, and I'm not exactly rich so if someone were to make a decent offer I'd let it go.

Collect only from me in Brighton. £70 or make me an offer. PM me please.

HPIM4093.jpg

HPIM4094.jpg

HPIM4095.jpg

HPIM4096.jpg

HPIM4097.jpg

HPIM4098.jpg

HPIM4099.jpg

HPIM4100.jpg

HPIM4101.jpg

HPIM4102.jpg

HPIM4103.jpg

HPIM4104.jpg

HPIM4105.jpg

HPIM4106.jpg

HPIM4107.jpg

HPIM4108.jpg

HPIM4109.jpg

Just an inch too big for urbanfireblade so it's still up for grabs.

I'd rather it sold on here to someone who knows what it is rather than in the free ads to someone wanting just a cheap MTB.

Hi Sidewinder,
I asked the same question, so here's what he sent me,

Centre of BB to centre of top tube where it meets steering stem = 26"
Centre of BB to TOP of centre of top tube = 20.5"
Centre of BB to centre of top tube where it meets seat tube = 19"
Centre of BB to top of seat as in photo = 29.5"

Centre of BB to centre of top tube where it meets seat tube = 19"

This is the killer for me, my largest frame measured 17.5" to this point, just that bit too big a stretch, my other bikes are more like 15.5" :cry:

D'oh! I just realised I didn't even put the frame size in the original post!

It was sold by Saracen as a 19" frame back in 1995.

Back