1995 Orange P7

Bike Hoarder

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View

This is how I picked it up, thought I'd post it before I strip it down. Will also give me a start of a rebuild thread...

Bought it fairly local from an older gentleman, he had it listed on Gumtree. We messaged back a forth and agreed a price. He bought it new, kitted as it is, nothing has been changed only accessories added. It's done some miles, he told me some tales when I collected. The drivetrain is good, except for the front mech, a bit of play there. Fir rims are really worn, I believe these were a bit concave in the first place? The nickel plating is pretty good, stem is a bit rusty - as they all seem to do. Plans will be revealed if they pan out, more pieces of the puzzle needed first. Frame number is 503**** so that makes it an early '95? Next job will be to clean and polish the frame before it gets hung up awaiting it's time.

Oh, what are people treating the inside of the frame tubes with?

Last edited:
Good luck with the project, I remember these well. A friend had one with XT & Pace MXCD forks.
Show us the cleanup progress.

Some FIR rims had a little ridge at the bottom of the braking surface - supposedly to stop the canti pads popping under the rim.
This makes them feel totally worn out as soon as there's any wear.

But they did that quite fast too!

Is weigle framesaver no longer available? We've still got some in the basement, but I suspect the classic car world will offer a spray oil for internal steel surfaces with the long lasting stickiness we need.

Or you might have a can of spray grease lying around?

I often use gt85 if I've got a frame apart - it won't last the same, but if you're doing it every now and then, it's a lot better than nothing.

Latest posts

Back