1995 Diamond Back Racing WCF Vertex...18"...Swapsies!!

mullinino

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This is gonna hurt me more than it hurts you... :cry:

But,time to move on...
1-Im looking to swap for a set of disc wheels,discs and a decent pair of MECHANICAL disc brakes for my new build-a set of 80mm disc-compatible forks would also be a bonus ;)
2-OR will swap for a half-decent road bike.im 6'1 so i THINK 56/57cm...
3-OR any complete bike...try me!

the Vertex is in good condition for a '95,check the pics-theres a few wee scratches here and there,but nothing to write home about.Took off the WCF Vertex Decals on the toptube as they were scratched on one side.NO cracks or damage,solid as.few new bits on and not all original spec-try this...

-front wheel Mavic 230 SBP with Deore LX Parallax hub
-rear wheel Mavic X 221 with with Deore hub and 7-speed cogs
-Deore XT rear mech
-Deore XT front mech-one of the adjustment screws is jammed,so i cant get it right down to the inner ring,but hey!who needs it?
-original bottom bracket,solid as the day it was put in-no wear whatsoever
-STX crank and chainrings matched with an identical Dotek on the non-drive side.Sakae MTP 126 scratched-up but solid pedals.
-cables and v-brakes added 5 months ago,work perfectly
-Newer stuff includes the pedal cages and straps,seat and tyres from my Kona
-Manitou Comps need elastomers,but not totally siezed,need a bolt in the canti-bridge too-hardly any marks on them,tho.Prob needs a starnut

-stuff ye will want to change are the generic retro shimano vbrake/shifters(work fine but not cool),the grips(ditto) and maybe the seat post-it fits and moves/removes,but seems very tight,may be a mm too big(?).fine for a 14-stone lump like me!

I really dont want this to go on the 'Bay,so im going to leave it up here for a week or 10 days to see if anyone can help me out....half the people on here and loads of reviews online will tell you all you need to know about how fantastic these ride.if i try and tell ye myself ill get too emotional...

Attachments

• hasefc 092.jpg
    hasefc 092.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,893
  • hasefc 086.jpg
    hasefc 086.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 1,893
  • hasefc 076.jpg
    hasefc 076.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 1,893
gf

the reason ive no price on it is i wouldnt know what to ask for it,so just putting the feelers out to see if anyone fancies a swap....tho if you make me a nice offer id consider it...officially still swapsies,tho mr.moderators sirs...

Unlikely I guess, but don't suppose you fancy swapping the frame for a set of BB5s, levers, rotors, full set of new brakes cables and a pair of disc hubs? :?

h

ta,ill keep it in mind,but im really looking for complete wheels...and to keep it all together,but we'll what anyone else has to offer first...you never know...

Okay. Would probably be interested in the mechs too, so could do a bit of cash with it.

Latest posts

Back