1995 Claud Butler Titanius White Industries FINISHED pg21

Re: 1995 Claud Butler Titanius White Industries BUILD starts pg6

Tum tee tum.... waiting for stuff..

Bolted the brakes on just for something to do....very happy with Dans work on the stainless-steel mounting sleeves, everything went together perfectly...
D6A467BD-6F3B-4B6D-B620-E3A79DD57B4D.jpeg C14377D0-943B-41E3-A739-0BC01867C392.jpeg

Had a look over the LMDS units, just needed a little wipe to bring them back to life.... (some side by side comparison shots below)

383AD470-BFC4-4DB9-B083-06C5E4E03C55.jpeg

5C491953-6C20-446E-BD45-D9A8CA9016E1.jpeg

Now then... idle hands....

3FA400F3-1CD6-4F31-B5EE-BE92388D96C5.jpeg

I’d forgotten about these beautiful NOS Rigida laser 42s that I’d put away ages ago... forgotten why, then I remembered they were 32h..... that started me thinking.... and maybe the smoke & dart comps should go on the Y-Trek as that’s actually gonna see more riding...
19EEAC22-3092-4757-8F81-24B6B5610D74.jpeg

Last edited:

did White make a whole business off the back of solving problems that don't exists

out of genuine interest what was the reason for Dan having to make the brake extensions apart from you'd need canti studs 4 inches long ? what was the perceived benefit ?

and what were they thinking about when they came up with a push me pull me Shifter

go one tell me the only one that caught on was 29 inch wheels.... started by White Industries

My Boss has the mantra do things differently - do different things but White seem to have taken that to an extreme

Retro Spud":14azo833 said:
did White make a whole business off the back of solving problems that don't exists

out of genuine interest what was the reason for Dan having to make the brake extensions apart from you'd need canti studs 4 inches long ? what was the perceived benefit ?

and what were they thinking about when they came up with a push me pull me Shifter

go one tell me the only one that caught on was 29 inch wheels.... started by White Industries

My Boss has the mantra do things differently - do different things but White seem to have taken that to an extreme

I think they just had that very American approach of A, wanting to do something their own way, coupled with B, a positive attitude towards some ideas failing.. the sort “that’s a lesson learned” sort of thing.

As for why I needed Dan to make me the flanged bearings, it was because I only had the one... (and needed four obviously) these allow the bolt to clamp the spring mech carriage to the frame whilst leaving the arm free to rotate... if you looked at it in the flesh you’d get it straight away (BTW these aren’t WI brakes)

Anyway... no opinion on the 135mm “Shorty” or the late 80’s 600mm wide aluminium Kusuki bar?

Or the anodised Rigida Laser rims or Magic tyres?

Peachy!":g3x9ag0k said:
Anyway... no opinion on the 135mm “Shorty” or the 600mm wide aluminium Kusuki bar?

Or the anodised Rigida Laser rims or Magic tyres?

Sorry the Magic tyres caused me to throw up in my mouth - please give them to THM

Did I miss something?

Was in m&s food hall.

The History Man":1vdsculg said:
Did I miss something? - Twas in S&M the food hall.

Yeah Chris found you some incipid tyres that he wants to donate to you.. :LOL:

Chris
it looks just right as it is, and being all silver it needs the black of the tyres but NOT all black ones have to stick with amber walls but not those vanilla things

BTW my new decals arrived today from Hungry took 23 days to get here via Priorty mail - postal guy reckons they have been refusing to handle mail form eastern Europe until its been quarantined for a few days - I asked him long his few days were..... is your working week 14 days long as you buggers must had had them for at least a fortnight before doing anything with em.

they are nice thick quality one but not too thick either, They look a bit shite in the pic as they still have the textured top/guide sheet on and obviously the wax backing paper as well

Attachments

• iNDLY SL DECALS.JPG
    iNDLY SL DECALS.JPG
    633 KB · Views: 416

That’s very kind of him.

Peachy! said:
Tum tee tum.... waiting for stuff..

Bolted the brakes on just for something to do....very happy with Dans work on the stainless steel mounting sleeves, everything went together perfectly...

those scuffed bars must have been missed by the peachy QC dept :shock:

enc":1teiucbr said:
those scuffed bars must have been missed by the peachy QC dept :shock:

Blimey.... tough crowd.. it was a dress rehearsal :roll:

And I won’t be giving away those magics thank you very much, but I agree, they’re not for this build...

Whilst THM was buying some new underwear, I re-built the wheels using the Rigida Laser 42 rims...they match the main tubes perfectly. :cool:

Attachments

• 97B5EC51-1D0F-40D9-9477-FBAC62D9B350.jpeg
    97B5EC51-1D0F-40D9-9477-FBAC62D9B350.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 390
Back