1995 Cinder Cone

Dface

Retro Guru
I picked this up last week because it was quite local, quite cheap and same colour / year as my Kula. It didn't quite look like this when I picked it up I might add. I've stripped it to the frame t-cut polish n' all that jazz and rebuilt it. Looks to be all original apart from the shorter M737 which I'll change to a longer one because it works like a dog. I removed the grip shift and put some XT pods on, I do have to ride it after all. Just thought I'd share it anyway.. I reckon it's quite pretty for a good old average bike!
IMG_6407.JPG

Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 07.52.36.png

One of these passed through my hands back in '97, when I was trading bikes as a side hustle. Even average Konas were above average bikes; and a Cinder Cone was an above average Kona, if you get me! Great job.

One of these passed through my hands back in '97, when I was trading bikes as a side hustle. Even average Konas were above average bikes, and a Cinder Cone was an above average Kona! If you get me! Great job.
Yeah I’m 100% with you. I never really buy anything I could never of afforded in the 90s without a bit of saving. This to me is actually a decent bike, but not so decent that I’ll never ride it.

That is truly lovely, admittedly I watched the video first!
Thanks! It’s a lovely bike, I had 10 miles on it tonight to see if it stayed together. I’m out with a friend in the morning early doors for about 20 mile so I reckon I’ll take this again 🙂

Back