1994 Zaskar rebuild

justwannaride

Retro Newbie
I wanted to share pics of my brother's Zaskar LE rebuild after the final pieces went on it this week.

He's owned the bike since new, built from the frameset up. Originally silver with yellow SLs, its always worn purple anodized parts with pride even well after they went out of fashion. :) And I'm glad, because I think they look awesome paired with the orange.

The orange powdercoat on the frame and forks is new, as are the grips, tires, seatpost clamp, cable and housing, brake pads, straddle cable yokes, fork internals and pedals. He reupholstered the Flite saddle in orange leather himself. That's really what started this whole rebuild/refinishing thing started. All of the other parts are from the mid to late 90's when he built up and then upgraded the bike. The King hubs were one of the last upgrades back then after he kept exploding NukeProof and then purple ano'd AC hubs.

Some final graphics are still in the works.

Hope you like...

Attachments

• 1994 GT Zaskar LE rebuild 1s.jpg
    1994 GT Zaskar LE rebuild 1s.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 668
  • 1994 GT Zaskar LE rebuild 2s.jpg
    1994 GT Zaskar LE rebuild 2s.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 668
  • 1994 GT Zaskar LE rebuild 3s.jpg
    1994 GT Zaskar LE rebuild 3s.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 668
  • 1994 GT Zaskar LE rebuild 4s.jpg
    1994 GT Zaskar LE rebuild 4s.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 668
  • 1994 GT Zaskar LE rebuild 5s.jpg
    1994 GT Zaskar LE rebuild 5s.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 668
  • 1994 GT Zaskar LE rebuild 6s.jpg
    1994 GT Zaskar LE rebuild 6s.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 668
  • 1994 GT Zaskar LE rebuild 7s.jpg
    1994 GT Zaskar LE rebuild 7s.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 668
unit3":2rsuc7tx said:
Holy orange juice batman! :cool:

are you going for original decals on it?

Niall.

Probably the earlier graphics than the originals. I think his year had the large "GT" and "All Terra" on the downtube and "Zaskar LE" on the toptube. Its been a long time since it had any graphics on it.
One thought was actually the circa '92 "Zaskar" font, die-cut in orange reflective on the downtube. You know... to keep the bike subtle. ;)

I have to say, as a fellow 94 Zaskar LE owner and long term ano purple hater..... WOW! That looks superb.

I think that probably looks better in orange than it did in polished alloy... whatever, I think it looks great.

Oh, that hurts my eyes. Nice job, but definitely not to my taste. I like my orange frames paired with black or silver. Really good job on keeping with a consistent theme and colour matching the fork to the frame.

Back