1994 S Works FSR

shinobi

Senior Retro Guru
Hi all
Just thought i would share a few pics of my FSR :D
i dont own a camera so phone pics only im afraid , The FSR is the bike i had bitd that i miss the most so when the chance to " take up the baton "
from Niall Unit3 on this 94 model i had to take it , it was tough moving the Bonty along but needs must :D
The basic spec is .
1994 s works fsr
Rock shox judy sl with coil spring innards
Fox alps 4 rear shock
Diacompe headset
Control tech stem
Hyperlite bars
Alloy seatpost 29.2 with Ti clamp bolt
Xtr m950 groupset
M900 hubs with 231 rims
Bontrager saddle

Once my back is healed up i might even ride it :D

unit3":3hg257rb said:
Looking good :cool:

Get that back sorted Paul, we need to go ride :D
Thanks mate :D back is driving me mad :? :twisted: not ridden for about 5 weeks now
paul

Re:

Hey! Nice bike.
I like everything except the m950. Did you change the rear casette to x8 ?
What is the zip tie for? Sag indicator?

Re: Re:

Thias":5t9snzcy said:
Hey! Nice bike.
I like everything except the m950. Did you change the rear casette to x8 ?
What is the zip tie for? Sag indicator?
Thanks :D i built the bike with pretty much the components i used in bitd hence the m950 , the m900 was 8 speed anyway so its an m950 cassette on the 900 hub :D oh and yes thats what the zip tie is , i will put an o ring on there when get round to it lol !
paul

mikee":2djtpl1y said:
I like this
But , get some cantis on it

Mike
Ha ha ! its funny that the groupset has raised eyebrows :LOL:
Its 2 years newer than the frame , when i build the 1995 Bontrager it replaced i used a 1991 groupset and people loved it :LOL:
this retro is a fickle world lol !
Im starting to think maybe i should have gone for M900 but tbh i built this to a similar spec as the one had BITD , it was sold as a frame and fork or with a build kit and as you do i built it with what i had and upgraded to latest kit as it came along , it actually ended up with the first series blue sids on it :shock:
Cheers Paul

Back