1994 Raleigh M Trax Team Titanium

Imadeitmeself

Dirt Disciple
Hi All
Just picked up this M-Trax 'limited edition' Team Titanium today, which has been unloved for a while. Just given it a wash to get all the C**p off!
Anyone know the year of it please? I have downloaded the 1995 catalogue from the archive & the spec seems identical to the Ti2000, Ie full stx groupset.

Unsure what I am going to do with it yet. Probably thinking strip it & give it a good clean & leave it pretty much std, although I will probably ditch the bar ends, and change the bars also.
Cheers, Roy

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,534
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,531
Re: 199? Raleigh M Trax Team Titanium

I have had a good search on here to try and date the team titanium, but still can't find any reference to its year.
Anyone know if it can be dated by its frame number?
Cheers, Roy

they can be and I think there are a couple of threads about it on here - if you post the serial number on here I am sure one of the experts will be along shortly to decode it!

Having had a quick look though I would say it is a 1995 M-Trax Team Edition....

Thanks Ovlov440, I saw the Team edition in the 1995 catalogue, although that one has the alivio groupset, where mine is STX & the paintjob is slightly different, which leads me to think its either earlier or later 1994 or 96 ?
although mine does say 'limited edition' on the top tube, so perhaps it was not in the main 95 catalogue?

Anyhow here is the frame number: E26217 hopefully someone can tell me the year from this?
I will put some better pix up later if it helps?
Cheers, Roy

...it is a bit of an odd one. STX-RC would date it to >95 but with no '96 or '97 catalogues to look at it is a bit of a guesstimate

Ok some better pix to help with the id
Also all of the STX components have a 'Special edition' sticker on them.
Cheers, Roy

Attachments

• 100.JPG
    100.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,380
  • 200.JPG
    200.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 1,383
  • 300.JPG
    300.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,376
  • 400.JPG
    400.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,378

...shame on me for mixing up stx-se and stx-rc.

I think that stx-se finished at the end of 1994 (to be replaced by stx-rc) so that may date your M-Trax to 1994 instead

Oil that chain!

Reckon 1995 too, but no expert.

Imadeitmeself":13mb28l6 said:
I saw the Team edition in the 1995 catalogue, although that one has the alivio groupset, where mine is STX & the paintjob is slightly different, which leads me to think its either earlier or later 1994 or 96 ?
although mine does say 'limited edition' on the top tube, so perhaps it was not in the main 95 catalogue?

Anyhow here is the frame number: E26217 hopefully someone can tell me the year from this?
I will put some better pix up later if it helps?
Cheers, Roy

E=1994 year of frame manufacture & with the STX components almost certainly a 1994 model.

Caramba Kid":1ll78acz said:
E=1994 year of frame manufacture & with the STX components almost certainly a 1994 model.
Cool Thanks, I was beginning to think it was a 1994 one.

Anyone remember how much these sold for roughly, back in 94?

coomber":1ll78acz said:
Oil that chain!
It needs a lot more than just the chain oiling!!

Back