1994 Raleigh Dynatech Diablo LX >Now Sold<

konagirl":15bo6cbl said:
Its just over 17 inches from the BB to the the seat post insertion along the seat tube, I dont have a box for it, but could see if I can source one if you're interested?

Hi-I am interested-im bidding on one on ebay though so ill see how it goes before I could make offer on yours..

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, will be sad to let her go, but I need the space more at the moment! I am starting to think I priced a little to cheap though as everyone keeps telling me its a bargain?? :oops:

Had a few enquiries about posting the bike out, any advice as to the best people to use, best way of packaging etc etc, :?

konagirl":12irpkgb said:
Had a few enquiries about posting the bike out, any advice as to the best people to use, best way of packaging etc etc, :?

Try www.parcel2go.com for a quote. They will ask you for a size and weight. I usually state a size of 100 x 20 x 70cm and a weight of 10kg for bikes and this is fine.

The cost will be between about £12 and £20, depending on which service you use.

Get a bike box from your local bike shop (or Halfords), and remove the front wheel, pedals and handlebars.

Make sure it's all nicely bubble wrapped (be careful that there's no metal on metal rubbing going on!), and it should all fit snugly into the box. If the bike wobbles around a bit once it's in the box, pad it out with newspaper, bubble wrap, card or whatever you have to hand (bike shops usually leave packing material in the empty boxes anyway so this will help). Seal the box up with parcel tape.

Job done :)

I'd go to www.senditnow.com.

48 hour service is under £15 collected from your door... They don't need box dimensions - just claim the weight as 15 kilo's - they never check.

As Barney said - get box from halfords, just make sure wheels are well segregated from the frame!

Basically this is Parcelforce's backdoor service, presumably to benefit from spare capacity on their existing trunk network...

Had good luck with senditnow, as Ringo says. It's Parcelfarce online, no people to talk to so cheaper :)

jackcharlton":3cr4mob5 said:
konagirl":3cr4mob5 said:
Its just over 17 inches from the BB to the the seat post insertion along the seat tube, I dont have a box for it, but could see if I can source one if you're interested?

Hi-I am interested-im bidding on one on ebay though so ill see how it goes before I could make offer on yours..

Ditto here, I'll know by sunday.
Lovin' the Ugli's

Is the one on eBay the one in Loughborough...

If so, that pic of the chainstay in the second pic looks bent to me...? I emailed seller and he said it may well be! :?

I know which I'd have... £150 gets you a highly original version. The one on eBay will probably go for about £75 and will need much more than £75 spending to get even close to this one...if you can find the bits...

I'm so tempted with this, backed out once... but have got some XTR wheels for sale. If they sell quick who knows!

Back