1994 Mtn Cycle San Andreas - Spectrachromed! - FINISHED Pg.7

That is awesome, Alex... :cool: :cool:

Particularly like the Grey RocketRon's

And where the devil do you keep finding these nos (or nos-looking) thumbies from..?? :shock:

Cheers Steve :).

I had a lucky run with thumbies sometime back and picked up 2 NOS sets (one still in packaging unopened), and two VGC sets in the space of about a month.

That is a very cool bike, the modern parts suit it perfect. :cool:
Is the BB always this high or is the shock longer then the original?
(I've had a modern shock in my Diablo '98, 165 mm in stead of 150mm and I almost couldn't get my leg over the saddle)

Thanks :).... To be honest I've noticed no real difference from having ridden my Black & Red San An with 152mm Rise rear shock and the tiny blast I've had on this with 165mm rear shock (both running same front fork). Just a very high bike which although it's big it doesn't feel it once aboard and riding...

Cheers :).

Looks good

BB is very high, have you checked with the shock under full compression the rear wheel doesn't rub the frame?

Did you compensate for the longer rear shock with a longer fork to try to keep the head/seat angles the same?

Cheers Andy. Wheel doesn't rub at any point even at full compression. This does feel slightly more evened out compared to the Red & Black but yes, my theory was put a slightly longer travel fork to compensate for the slightly longer rear shock (nothing scientific though by any stretch, pure guessing).

I'll def be putting the 165mm rear shock I've got for the other one on next time I get to ride it.

ez054098":19sbsj3r said:
I love the mix of the old and new parts. Love the BB7s. Great brakes.

Cheers... Just the way I like doing my bikes, know it won't appeal to everyone but glad a few like it :cool: ...

Love your Funk btw.... Stunning bike and gorgeous colour. If mine ends up looking half as good I'll be happy :).

wow what a beauty. Looks kinda tall (massive ground clearance).

Remember the ads for thisone in the old MBAs, who didnt whana a Mountain Cycle San Andreas?

Cool best of luck and happy trails!

Back