1994 Marin Muirwoods 15.5" - One for the wife!?

clockworkDH

Dirt Disciple
Hi All,

This belonged to my Mum from new, but was gifted to my wife some time ago - she has decided to take advantage of her cycle to work scheme and get something new. As such we need to create space in the shed for her new bike, as she is in danger restricting access to my four ( :LOL: ).

It's been fairly well used in its early life, but all in good working order and ready to ride, the Alivio shifters were a bit sticky and didn't want to thumb-shift, I've soaked them in GT85 over night and they now work perfectly, just gummed up through lack of use.

Non standard items for what it's worth/if it bothers you at this level:
Alivio rear mech replaced with some Acera X thing.
Marin Lite seat replaced with horrible looking ladybit saver.
Marin Lite seat QR replaced with some generic item.
Foam grips had disintegrated, so just replaced with some Ergon lock ons I had spare.
Marin Lite rear tyre replaced with a Smoke back in the day, it's a bit perished and looks odd as it's only a 1.9 compared to the 2.1 front which is in good condition/state of wear.
Blue cage pedals have gone, just fitted some black flats.

I'm pretty sure it's a 15.5", I originally thought 14" but have seen a picture elsewhere of one where there is no gap on the headtube between the top and downtube. Happy to take measurements and provide further pics if required.

I won't post I'm afraid, but I travel about quite a lot with work so could deliver depending upon your location (mostly from Oxford north M40,M5 M6 and south A34 to Andover). Otherwise collection from Brize Norton, Oxfordshire.

Free Crud Guard and Shark Fin :LOL:

Take it easy,

Steve 07795 621451

Pics as it came out of the shed just now, I hope to give it a good clean/degrease and re-lube over the weekend:
68C7E1A0-3691-46F6-8193-38538372C66A_zps4yksb3ti.jpg

7F4B752F-51A2-4A90-8B13-7D2362C16B5C_zpsz5skzxzb.jpg

7BFA9B96-B8F6-4E2A-9113-098D3648D829_zps83s1cj2r.jpg

5F9F6B03-53F8-4A92-8799-D68265A6093E_zps6owdsyhq.jpg

Re:

Interested for my son but can you measure top tube C to C and seat tube C to C please, also what length cranks does it have?

cheers

Re: Re:

Gruff":34s4mjqh said:
Interested for my son but can you measure top tube C to C and seat tube C to C please, also what length cranks does it have?

cheers

No prob's:

Top tube c2c = 540mm
Seat tube c2c (BB centre to top tube centre) = 380mm
Cranks = 170mm

Re: Re:

clockworkDH":13xgpcgh said:
Gruff":13xgpcgh said:

cheers

No prob's:

Top tube c2c = 540mm
Seat tube c2c (BB centre to top tube centre) = 380mm
Cranks = 170mm

Thanks but i think it's going to be a bit big for him.

Back