1994 Kona Kilauea 20" Excellent condition Revised price

seanr68

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hi all.
I've decided to sell my Kilauea as its simply not getting used, mainly because its currently residing in my living room, on the wall.
I bought this about 3 years ago if I remember correctly, from a chap on this site, I think his username was sausagefingers or something along those lines. I think I paid £250 for it, in a well used, but original state.
since then, I have totally rebuilt her, and had her restored to her former glory....she looks like new!
I had Bob Jackson cycles in Leeds, strip her back to bare metal, then had them respray her in silver/grey metallic, which is only a shade or so from the original colour. Then the decals were applied, and a couple of coats of laquer sprayed over them, them it was baked. That was around £150 if memory serves me well.
The frame and P2 triple butted forks are simply mint.
The rest of the bike is standard, with the exception of one or two upgrades.
Spec is: Original Mavic rims(very good condition), Panaracer smoke and dart repro's, XT front and rear mechs, new chain(could do with proper shimano jobby as its sh*t), Kona Curve brakes(brand spankers), Brand new Shimano bottom bracket, Original(now highly polished)suntour crankset, Onza pedal(designed specially to rip your shins apart), control centre headset, Original(mint) velocity stem, Kona racelight seatpost, Kona racelight bars, Kona racelight saddle, Suntour thumbies, Yeti grips, Kona C3 levers, XT Rear hub, Deore LX front hub.
It stands me at a lot more than the asking price, but open to SENSIBLE offers.
Postage will probably be around the £25-£30 mark(never posted a full bike before. If you want me to post, be aware I will NOT be held responsible for ANY damage in transit. She is currently mint and unmarked, if she doesn't reach you that way, not my problem. I will however pack her to the best of my ability in a proper bike box, with plenty of protection.
If you need any further details, please pm me.

The asking price is £300 firm.
Heres a few 'before and after' pics.

http://s228.photobucket.com/user/seamus ... %20Kilauea

Re: 1994 Kona Kilauea 19" frame Excellent condition

Posting pictures in the thread will help and even though I am not interested myself, thought I would have a browse:

Nicely done

Isn't that a 20 inch frame? looks bigger than my 19inch.

BikerB":29vc5m8y said:
Isn't that a 20 inch frame? looks bigger than my 19inch.
Thanks for that mate.....it is indeed a 20". Measured centre of Bottom Bracket to Top of seat tube. ;)
Don't know why I had 19" in my head?

Re: 1994 Kona Kilauea 20" frame Excellent condition

BikerB":3ihfv4fw said:
Bike looks stunning ..
Cheers mate...it is in fantastic condition.
Onlyselling as I've just spent £300 on a nice print to go on the wall where the bike is. I've always got my old rockhopper to knock about on as well. May as well let someone enjoy it.

I can offer £300 to cover the cost of the new print and collect it for free ;)...

GLWYS

dablk":296xsyc6 said:
I can offer £300 to cover the cost of the new print and collect it for free ;)...

GLWYS
Not sure how tthat covers the cost of the paint, but it just ain't enough.
Thanks for looking anyway. ;-)

seanr68":bnzxgtlj said:
If you want me to post, be aware I will NOT be held responsible for ANY damage in transit. She is currently mint and unmarked, if she doesn't reach you that way, not my problem. ]

Great sales pitch...

suburbanreuben":24nvwu47 said:
seanr68":24nvwu47 said:
If you want me to post, be aware I will NOT be held responsible for ANY damage in transit. She is currently mint and unmarked, if she doesn't reach you that way, not my problem. ]

Great sales pitch...
Always one isn't there.
A very "selective" quote as well may I add....!!

Back