1994 Kona Explosif - Bracknell, Berkshire

superstar1":2wl6pe6j said:
Rampage":2wl6pe6j said:
Definately worth it's sum in parts...
I thought the green one was the only one with the fluted downtube? Was this an alternative colour?

That's what I was thinking, or has it had a paint job, different colour than the 94 Kona catalogue.

It's been resprayed and has reproduction graphics....

Vic brought this bike to a Retrobike cake-oriented ride along Brighton seafront a while back. Not my kind of thing TBH, but he had certainly put a lot of devotion into it, every part something rare or difficult to find in that condition.

Whereas you lot would all be horrified by my 94 Explosif with its SID, Nobby Nics, V's and riser bar, but it does have its original paint!

It is a stunning bike and I'll take £575 from forum members willing to collect or I'll break it and sell its immaculate parts - just seems a shame to do that.

Just for clarification

On this thread it says repaint and reproduction decals but the eBay add says untouched paint and decals. Could anyone clear this bit up?

I do like the bike by the way so glws

sylus":385liqm4 said:
Just for clarification

On this thread it says repaint and reproduction decals but the eBay add says untouched paint and decals. Could anyone clear this bit up?

I do like the bike by the way so glws

I've changed the listing as I don't want it to be potentially misleading, its untouched and perfect but yes professionally resprayed had new decals so touched from original.

Had a couple of offers but bit too low, I'll give it another week or two then break it if I don't get a buyer.

This was one of my old frames.. It was originally green.. I had it resprayed and gil_m supplied the decals..pompeydave had it after me
Good luck with the sale
Ernie ;)

If the bike is worth 650-800 in parts I think people need to use a bit of guesswork with offers or I take it apart and conservatively get £650! £450 for example is just daft, I'm not likely to take a £200 hit for ease of supply. Obviously really I reckon, I may have a few parts left for a month or so but that won't really bother me to be honest!

Latest posts

Back