1994 GT Zaskar Aqua Build

Re: 1994 GT Zaskar Turquoise: Update with pictures Page 3

Hi Sean looking good love those Aqua Zaskars, Have you sorted a stem yet :?: ;)

Re: 1994 GT Zaskar Turquoise: Update with pictures Page 3

kermitgreenkona88":lhedu410 said:
Hi Sean looking good love those Aqua Zaskars, Have you sorted a stem yet :?: ;)

Cheers mate. I havent got one yet and no seatpost either, neither want to be found or so it seems :LOL:

Sean

Re: 1994 GT Zaskar Turquoise: Manitou fork help??

i seem to be left scratching my head with these forks.... i cant seem to find replacement manitou elastomers anywhere. the current ones have gone so soft that the forks bottom out and dont come back up again by themselves.

ive read about using polyurethane rod which can be cut into size and drilled through the middle, and another option where the elastomers can be replaced completely using 'speed springs' :? any help or additional info on getting these forks working again would be great

Sean :cool: :D

Attachments

• DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 216

I'm sure someone on here used to be able to get replacement elastomers for the Manitou forks.

Was a few years ago now though.

Most of the forums/threads online that I've found are a decade old too :? Have been searching answer elastomers on the forum and optimistically sending a pm to everyone who might know something, but I seem to be getting nowhere fast at the minute.

@bedsitbreaks: I've come across that site before but they are pricey and I'm not keen on postage from the USA. I guess that would be a last resort if all else fails

Cheers, Sean :cool:

Re: 1994 GT Zaskar Aqua: Manitou fork help??

Sean - if you get fed up, I'm sure I can find a good home for the frame/forks ;)

Just gorgeous :cool:

Re: 1994 GT Zaskar Aqua: Manitou fork help??

Barneyballbags":3h1sm5h1 said:
Sean - if you get fed up, I'm sure I can find a good home for the frame/forks ;)

Just gorgeous :cool:

Cheers :D

But im not letting it defeat me just yet, a bit of perseverance and it'll get there :LOL:

Sean

SEANSTEPHENS":1sgbs1fv said:
I've come across that site before but they are pricey and I'm not keen on postage from the USA. I guess that would be a last resort if all else fails

There's another guy on here looking to buy some elastomers, maybe get in touch with him and share the postage? ;)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=285079

PopsTrippin":1raejko6 said:
SEANSTEPHENS":1raejko6 said:
I've come across that site before but they are pricey and I'm not keen on postage from the USA. I guess that would be a last resort if all else fails

There's another guy on here looking to buy some elastomers, maybe get in touch with him and share the postage? ;)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=285079

Thats actually not a bad idea, im just not sure its worth the fuss of sending the other guy my money and either getting the kits sent to seperate addresses or the other chap sending mine on to me afterwards for the sake of saving 5 or 6 quid :? :? If we were going halfs on something bigger it would be more of a viable option as the saving would be more

Cheers Sean :D

Back