1994 GT Zaskar Aqua Build

Re: 1994 GT Zaskar Turquoise

mattbrown":11e9zxxs said:
Love those mid 90's Zaskars (Hence why I have 3)

Did you ever finish "1994 zaskar no.2" ? I Remember looking at the thread but nothing seemed to happen with it

Id like to get an early 90s u-brake zaskar as well if anybody is selling one?

Sean :)

yes, slowly building it up with full 1993 LX, just not feeling the urge to finish it. The other zaskar thread needs photo on it. Thats a black zaskar with road tires and a Scott AT4 Pro handlebars - pretty quick ride on the road

22/01/13

ive had these manitou 4 forks a while and havent used them yet cos the elastomers have gone completely soft and need replacing... ive read about a DIY method using polyurethane rod :? any more info on this would be appreciated as elastomer forks are pretty much new to me :cool:

anyway ive polished and fitted the forks last night, heres some pics :D

Sean

The turquoise is proving to be a difficult colour to capture, seems to change shade depending on light condition

Pics :D

Sean

Re: 1994 GT Zaskar Turquoise: Update with pictures Page 3

They look good with that frame. Like it :cool:

I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Who'd have thunk it: Two turquoise Zaskar builds going on at the same time which look like they're going to be very different. :D

BTW: I've got a set of decals just like the ones in the pic on page 2 if you're interested? ;)

cherrybomb":8adxl7ud said:
They look good with that frame. Like it :cool:

I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Who'd have thunk it: Two turquoise Zaskar builds going on at the same time which look like they're going to be very different. :D

BTW: I've got a set of decals just like the ones in the pic on page 2 if you're interested? ;)

Cool I'd be interested to see it :cool:

That's annoying cos I've just paid 18 quid for an ebay set last night and I was originally after a set of the 'broken font' 95 graphics :LOL: I think gil_m is still working on them

I've bought an (i think) earlier set in the colours reversed (all white lettering with black border)

Sean

It's the 95 style ones I have, just like the ones in the pic. I've sent Gil one of my 'Zaskar' decals to work from, but once he sends it back they'll have done their job and be surplus to requirements.

I brought them as a template cos I need the same style but with the text in blue with a yellow outline to go on an ink blue 96 frame (I know! but I prefer the style of the 95 decals :D ).

cherrybomb":1i2vphiv said:
It's the 95 style ones I have, just like the ones in the pic. I've sent Gil one of my 'Zaskar' decals to work from, but once he sends it back they'll have done their job and be surplus to requirements.

I brought them as a template cos I need the same style but with the text in blue with a yellow outline to go on an ink blue 96 frame (I know! but I prefer the style of the 95 decals :D ).

I think I prefer the later ones, but with this build already being quite slow moving, I don't think I'm patient enough to wait :p

Sean

If you mean like this:

file.php

Then they're the ones I have sitting on my desk

That I don't need ;)

But I am looking for some XT737 canti brakes ;) ;) :D

cherrybomb":3hc2ins4 said:
Then they're the ones I have sitting on my desk

That I don't need ;)

But I am looking for some XT737 canti brakes ;) ;) :D