1994 GT Zaskar Aqua Build

Re: 1994 GT Zaskar Turquoise

Very nice!

I recommend you use a lot of shiny silver parts to make the frame come out even more!

mtbdave":5u2zcf8x said:
@ cherry bomb good things come to those who wait! (Soon it will be with you!)

Where's the 'jumping up & down clapping' emoticon when you need it? :D

Thanks for all your comments :)

Rahbari":1smfyn25 said:
Very nice!

I recommend you use a lot of shiny silver parts to make the frame come out even more!

it'll probably be a mix of silver black and Ti parts. ive had a look at a few other zaskar builds this colour and im not sure id like it with too much silver. im thinking silver brakes, black stem and seatpost, TI bars, black hubs and just a few silver bits and pieces.

Nice xizang btw, i want to own another one one day (but probably never will :LOL: )

mtbdave":1smfyn25 said:
Sean have a look in the 94 catalogue for a bit of inspiration pal,
Like it was mentioned by cherry bomb it was available with sl ti forks and a full m900 xtr group set.
Nice that.

Before i bought it, this was the Zaskar featured as January's installment of 30 days of GT. it was original spec and in top condition. im not much a fan of m737 XT though and theres not much on it i could see myself using. I think your right, the LE looks like it was available with Ti Sl's and XTR but this one was XT

Sean :D

Attachments

• 1994_tech_shop_page_1.jpg
    1994_tech_shop_page_1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 388
  • p4pb10346113.jpg
    p4pb10346113.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 388

You could buy the le frame in the same colour option,that's the one cherry bomb has bought off me it's a 94

mtbdave":9ibc38mc said:
You could buy the le frame in the same colour option,that's the one cherry bomb has bought off me it's a 94

:D I now have a '94 and a '96 in blue (Or will have when they arrive at the man cave). The 95 still eludes me though.

One day it will be mine!

gm1230126":1nqvenje said:
SEANSTEPHENS":1nqvenje said:
Thanks for all your comments :)

Before i bought it, this was the Zaskar featured as January's installment of 30 days of GT.

Sean :D

Nope...one of three that I had at the time in Aqua.

well those pics you sent me when i bought the frame are those from the 30 days of GT page, i mean you wouldnt send me pictures of a completely different bike than the one i was buying....

anyway, its a bit difficult to see under the chainrings but if you look at the shape of the chainsuck on your picture and in this one of mine (from before i touched it up) and bearing in mind that these pics were taken about a year apart you can still see that it is the same frame. i even recognise the black bit of dirt/oil around that one long scratch that i scrubbed off when the frame arrived.

i dont have a pic of my own where you can see it clearly, but in the black border of the headtube decal there is a scuff that has 2 or 3 diagonal lines in it that i recognise 100% from my frame.

its the same frame pal, god is in the detail :LOL: :p

Sean

Attachments

• GEDC1880.JPG
    GEDC1880.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 341
  • GEDC1883.JPG
    GEDC1883.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG-20131205-00207B.jpg
    IMG-20131205-00207B.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 341