For Sale 1994 GT Outpost - Free to good home

DDGX

Retro Newbie
Hello. First time poster here, hoping to be respectful of any forum rules.

I have a beloved oldskool GT Outpost that is looking for a new home where it will continue to get the love I have had for it over the years.
I am not after any money for it, just someone to collect it and hopefully continue to keep it alive and use it from time to time. It probably does need a bit of work (brake and gear cables for a start) and someone may want to customise it a bit to suit their height and weight; but I was still riding it as recently as October 2022 and other than a new chain during that year, it was basically ridable. As you will see from the below pics, the frame has basically always been too small for me hence the insanely high seat post, long handlebar stem etc. I am 5ft 11" for context. So new owner will want to consider that when considering if this is the bike for them.

I originally bought it when I was a student in May 2011 for £50. I can't get at my ebay records from that far back but remember collecting it from someone living somewhere around Southminster in Essex. It was originally black as per this first pic...
IMG_20110526_194212.jpg

Hope this isn't going to upset too many people; but I had it professionally re-painted (stripped back to bear metal and power coated) by my friend who runs a paint shop in Basildon (Vulcan - if you want the exact history). Then my Dad and I rebuilt it and added a few new components.

[pics from June 2011]
IMG_20110604_140540.jpg
IMG_20110604_151813.jpg
IMG_20110611_170156.jpg

It has had various stages of inactivity and then use, as my life has fluctuated in busyness over the last 13 years and although I have now taken up mountain biking a bit more seriously, and that has meant needing a frame that better fits me. This old girl has been good to me but I just don't have the space to store it properly unless it is under a sheet in the garden where it is not properly protected from the elements.

Final pic from May 2020 when after 9 years I finally added some decals;
20200508_181046.jpg

Please let me know if this would be of interest to you? I would hate for it to end up in a scrape heap as I think it has more miles left to do! I don't have any super recent pictures to hand but the bike is basically the same as you see above but with I suspect a few more cobwebs. Thankyou all, amazing forum!

Gents, may or may not help but I will be in Tamworth (just North of Birmingham) for work on the 31st July. I could potentially bring the bike with me and meet an interested party if anyone was local or if it shortened someone's journey significantly enough to make it worth while. Still no obligation though, just thought I'd mention it. I would need to be fairly strict on when I would likely be able to meet you that day because I have meetings in the morning. Probably looking at a window between 1p and 3pm. Something like that. Also appreciate that you may not be comfortable meeting a random dodgy geezer from the internet at a building site, somewhere that isn't their home address, for a bright orange 2nd hand bike 😁

Back