1994 DeKerf Mountain frame £50

Definately old age Jez, either that or too much 'single-handed surfing' (makes you go blind, don't ya know).It was 50 notes last night as I was very interested but house move and stuff means no projects for a while.

Are those end caps on the stays sealed off as I've never seen one like that before. The only old ones like this I've seen had full open stays, the later ones had plastic caps but this one looks to be welded shut on the rear seat stays! Very interesting!!

Very interested, can you give me some more details? Model year etc? Is it the 94 in your sig. Is it suspension corrected? Cheers could I 'dib'it pending answers?

Hi Pete - yes they are capped off in metal from the factory.

I enquired about this to DeKerf and they wrote back saying there were a few produced like this - it was some time ago that I mailed them, but I'll see if I can dig out their reply.

kaiser":2v5bx1je said:
Very interested, can you give me some more details? Model year etc? Is it the 94 in your sig. Is it suspension corrected? Cheers could I 'dib'it pending answers?

Kaiser - it's already gone to Jez mate (...awaits flaming from Sidster...).

Yes it is the '94 in my sig, I'll have to remove it now.

Good question about being suspension corrected - I'm certain it is as De Kerf didn't start making their (gorgeous) rigid fork until much later.

Doh, well if Jez pulls out give us a shout. :)

Found the e-mail, hope this is of interest:

Hello Bob,

Chris and I have had a number of 'conferences' about your frame today . . . and here is the outcome;

1. there are a number of versions of the tops of the seat stays - some were not capped, some were capped with silver soldered in metal caps and some got plastic caps. As soon as you strip the paint from your frame, you will be able to see whether the caps are metal or plastic (very likely you have already determined that they were metal).

2. regarding the decals . . . which ones are you looking for;
- the 1st generation (and I am not talking about the model name, just the progression of change) decals were a single color
- the 2nd generation decals had the DE and the area between the K and the E in one color with the KERF in another color. These were used for a long time.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to tell all of the fine details about your frame as a small running changes happened over the years and there was not always perfect record of what happened to which frame.

Let me know about the decals and I will see what I can dig up.

Thank you,

Michael

Latest posts

Back