1993 Tioga Catalogue

Catalogue 1993 Tioga Catalogue

Fascinating. Looking through the brochure I recognised many items I used to use, but the biggest surprise was that I didn't know that a disc drive for the road existed.

Fascinating. Looking through the brochure I recognised many items I used to use, but the biggest surprise was that I didn't know that a disc drive for the road existed.
It started there, look up Sugino Tension Disc, Tioga then branded them and used them as a large advertising billboard for races and catalogues exposure.

Attachments

• tesiondisc02.pdf
    768.8 KB · Views: 13
  • tesiondisc01.pdf
    653.1 KB · Views: 10
Hi, Thanks for uploading the Sugion Tension disc ROR (road racing) brochure. Any idea about the date?
You've said it started with RR before the MTB one was available. Does this mean than before 1990?
There is a small print at the last page saying "Printed in Japan 89065 NA", maybe 89 stands for 1989, but this might be too earlier, I've though that disc wheels came later.

The Sugion Discs had been still available in 1995, If I'm not mistaken the 32H model was even launched just this year.
Sugino 1995 Tension Disc .jpg

Anywhere.
there is some good documentation about Tioga MTB tension disc wheel generations

Last edited:
89 seems fine to me, that's a similar way Shimano etc date code thier publications.
If 8906 June's (Shimano use this style) then it is the same month as the patent* goes into the USA. But that's still going to be speculation.

*the patent (US) was applied for mid '89

89 seems fine to me, that's a similar way Shimano etc date code thier publications.
If 8906 June's (Shimano use this style) then it is the same month as the patent* goes into the USA. But that's still going to be speculation.

*the patent (US) was applied for mid '89
Looks great on the road bike.

Back