1993 Steve Potts Cross Country Racer

Gio - wow, wow, wow! Those forks are stunning - far too nice to paint! :)

Si_33":277isu1d said:
Gio - wow, wow, wow! Those forks are stunning - far too nice to paint! :)
Thanks mate.

They are a bit too nice to paint but not sure how they will fair if they didn't get painted.

I appreciate you've got to get them painted - just seems a shame to cover up Mr. Potts wonderful craftsmanship :)

albatros38":1xc1geip said:
Great, I'm impatient to see the frame with the stem and the type II fork painted. What colour do you choose ?
Yeah me too :)

Not sure on colour yet. Steve just painted a nice bike in gunmetal blue that might look pretty cool. I was also thinking of having the top part of the forks a matt silver to play on the decals and show off the roller cams :)

You can see the bike here: http://monkeywrenchcycles.com/steve-pot ... prototype/

Blimey just checked in to see how your CCR is coming along - pretty well I see!

I have a similar project, though mine's kind of faux in a way - a Mercian frame with an LD dirt drop stem stem that I've ordered from Joel at Clockwork bikes, I've got the WTB dirt drop bars for it already - I also got that repro cable hanger and a slightly used Blackburn bomber bottle cage. All put together it'll be my fan boy version of a CCR or Ibis :xmas-big-grin:

I have a pair of Ritchey Logic cranks in 175 that I might not use, they're certainly not NOS tho... any use to you?

Back