1993 MERLIN Titanium retro MTB build-up thread with much Syncros and Ringlé

Thank You very much. 68mm bottom bracket shell and SHIMANO XTR makes a 109 /& 110mm spindle length. This here is a 110mm.

Cheers

Oh sorry ...I confused this with my MARIN Team Titanium. This here must be the 117mm SHIMANO BB-UN90 XTR bottom bracket with the SYNCROS Revolution crankset.

I had the 110 mm XTR before that with the matching XTR M900 cranks but needed one size wider when I switched to the Revolutions.

Thank You very much. 68mm bottom bracket shell and SHIMANO XTR makes a 109 /& 110mm spindle length. This here is a 110mm.

Cheers
I see. I guess mine 92 and yours 93 have different BB shell. Mine is press fit type with 78mm shell width. Fitted with 113mm spindle but just too narrow to fit a Cook Bros RSR. I definitely need a longer spindle just don't know how long.

Yes mine is "already" the standard bottom bracket not pressed grease guard system or KLEIN like pressed in bearings.

Well...you can measure that, right? By holding them on to your bike leaving about 5 millimeter spacing between the chainstay and the crank arm and then double check it with the function of the front mech! Its not that hard :)

You also need 17mm spindles, right? I might help you get one. I produce them in steel, stainless steel and even titanium - sometimes.

Yes mine is "already" the standard bottom bracket not pressed grease guard system or KLEIN like pressed in bearings.

Well...you can measure that, right? By holding them on to your bike leaving about 5 millimeter spacing between the chainstay and the crank arm and then double check it with the function of the front mech! Its not that hard :)

You also need 17mm spindles, right? I might help you get one. I produce them in steel, stainless steel and even titanium - sometimes.
Thank you for your tips and offers. Let me took out the spindle and have a closer look inside since I need to replace the bearings. I will get back to you. Any rough idea how much will those custom made spindle cost?

The are at 100,00 Euros + shipping at the moment in steel or stainless steel. The bearings you need for your Merlin are 99% standard 61903-2RS bearings. 17mm inner diameter, 35mm outer diameter and 7mm height.

Hi, I'm still looking for a 1993 or 1994 Merlin Mountain frame to restore with my M900 group but I could use some help with the BB and FD dimensions.

1) I have a standard FC-M900 and a BB-UN91 BSA 68/107mm, 107 is the correct fit or I need to look for another one?

2) What is the correct front derailleur clamp diameter or the seat tube diameter? And it's bottom or top pull?

Thanks for any help on this,

Cheers

Back