1993 Kona Hot

Good work. Great to see it out on the trails.
I love the ride characteristics of my 92 Explosif - I bet a Hot is next level.

View attachment 892646View attachment 892647
One step forward and another back. Got the Sugino XP crankset in installed and bottom bracket spindle too short. Getting closer to the finish line but progress is slow.
Now yer talkin' :cool: The Sugino XP is a very under rated crankset, I always wanted one BITD especially due to it's resemblance to my favorite road crank, Campy C Record. I have a set on my 93' Kilauea.

A great choice for the top end 93' steel Kona as well with it being spec'd on the Hei Hei & Explosif that year.

Loosing the yellow crank and brake booster are both good calls 👍

Now yer talkin' :cool: The Sugino XP is a very under rated crankset, I always wanted one BITD especially due to it's resemblance to my favorite road crank, Campy C Record. I have a set on my 93' Kilauea.

A great choice for the top end 93' steel Kona as well with it being spec'd on the Hei Hei & Explosif that year.

Loosing the yellow crank and brake booster are both good calls 👍
Ya it was temporary and an admitted fail but hey fun trying different things. Gonna need new middle chain ring as it’s pretty wore. Also need to replace front derailleur as it’s Mountain LX. Have to check parts bin for XT.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back