1993 Kona Explosif Frame Set For Sale - SOLD

Coleman

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Currently having a sort out of RetroBike stuff and having to move a few things on that don't get used as much as they should.

First up is this 1993 Kona Explosif 20" frame set.

It is in really nice condition very original with only 1 small chip/shallow dent on the top tube.

It is being offered as frame, forks, stem (130 or 150mm), headset, bars, seatpost, saddle, seatpost collar, grips to keep the core of it together. I have plans for the rest but would also consider adding the chain set to the bundle for a few extra £'s.

I am looking for £200 plus shipping - happy to ship international too. SOLD

dsc1042g.jpg

Here is a link to the build thread for some more pics:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

Funk to Funky":zpi0r763 said:
I would really be interested in the forks and seatpost if it comes to splitting ;)
Good luck with the sale though. :)

Thought you would be! Go on take the whole lot - consider it a fork/bar/seatpost/headset/saddle that you need with a free frame! ;)

CADDYMATT1380":1cjm5g60 said:
I'm 6'. Would this be to big for me?
Yes! You need to be at least 6'1" to fit this, which fortunately, I am! :p
Any chance of some more pics, either public or PM'd, particularly of the dent/scratch?
Ta

CADDYMATT1380":11zt1vu3 said:
What would you want including the chain set?

Matt

£240 plus shipping - the cranks are really nice :D

As for sizing, I am not expert on Kona's but personally I would say that at 6' you would be OK - but I'd chuck in the 130mm stem for free so you could have the options.

I am just under 6'1" but I think I have short legs (32" inside leg) and this bike fits me comfortably - I later switched the stem to the 130mm and put the saddle up/back a touch which mad it even better.

Here's the 'dint' bit hard to photograph - I would describe it as a very shallow smooth dent no more than 3mm across, with a paint chip that has been touched up with matching paint:

dscn0006vr.jpg

Back