1993 Klein Rascal rescue

I think i've got one of those oops! Sorry mate i've just remembered it's part of a black set and not sure when i could post it oh! Wait a mo the mrs could do that but not today if you want it that is ..

Those forks complete the bike alot better imho nice work mate ;) .

Ian that's great, I've emailed the previous owner as he changed the forks over and still had a lot of bits to dig out for me. If he can't locate them I'll let you know.

Re:

Signing up Tim :cool: plan sounds like the build will suit just right, similar to what I'm fitting to my Gator Rascal.

Re: Re:

Vinevo":17f2uwl5 said:
Signing up Tim :cool: plan sounds like the build will suit just right, similar to what I'm fitting to my Gator Rascal.

Cheers mate. Not feeling much love for the red middle and outer TA rings that are on the XT crank set currently so on the lookout for some Shimano XT in silver. I do have a spare pair of black ALLENTEX chain rings which might suit well. Also think that it needs a black seat post, I have no hope of finding the original Klein item so a 27.2 XT one is next on the list.

This is meant to be a budget build of sorts with the plan to sell on as it's too small really, can see that changing :LOL:

Shame they used those Quadra forks instead of something that is actually working.

I just tried to mount a pair of Quadra legs onto Mag21 stantions but did not work. They had a groove missing that is needed to secure the upper seal with a snap ring. Did not want to use glue on that seal so I hesitated.
Just in case you dont like the Quadra. But if you want to sell that bike it doesn't matter anyhow, does it?

Re: Re:

Minifreak":761pffgs said:
Vinevo":761pffgs said:

Cheers mate. Not feeling much love for the red middle and outer TA rings that are on the XT crank set currently so on the lookout for some Shimano XT in silver. I do have a spare pair of black ALLENTEX chain rings which might suit well. Also think that it needs a black seat post, I have no hope of finding the original Klein item so a 27.2 XT one is next on the list.

This is meant to be a budget build of sorts with the plan to sell on as it's too small really, can see that changing :LOL:

I've got a none XT 27.2 fitted in my Ravine but unfortunately its not black so if you had been desperate then you could of had that i hate to admit it's not shimano but i was just to impatient and bought the 1st thing that looked good :facepalm: although i like it it's .2 bigger than it should be :LOL: ..

Thias":3fj0gk4c said:
Shame they used those Quadra forks instead of something that is actually working.

I just tried to mount a pair of Quadra legs onto Mag21 stantions but did not work. They had a groove missing that is needed to secure the upper seal with a snap ring. Did not want to use glue on that seal so I hesitated.
Just in case you dont like the Quadra. But if you want to sell that bike it doesn't matter anyhow, does it?

I believe the Quadra or a Mag21 were the suspension option, it is a shame that the Mag wasn't purchased by the original owner but then again they'd likely need a rebuild by now.

I've not ridden this fork yet, but my first suspension forks as a kid were Quadra 21R's which I found okay back then. I'll report back on the forks performance when I get to ride it :)

Smart idea though attempting to swap lower legs, shame they aren't completely compatible.

One XT canti arm ready to be bolted back on looking a lot shinier, it's the small things that keep us happy isn't it ?!

Replacement wheels should be delivered today also :)

There was nothing mechanically wrong with the set of 8 speed wheels the bike came with, in fact they are tight, light and lie new:

However I think you'll agree the replacement that arrived today thanks to member scant (Mike), are far more in keeping. Came with cassette and QR's so couldn't be happier :) . Shimano XT M730 laced to Alesa Ceramic rims. Originally I think it would have been silver Sun Chinook's but I prefer grey rims.

Mounted an original Smoke and Dart in good condition.

Latest posts

Back