1993/94 Fastback Single Speed - Scott Pro Racing?

That wouldn't weigh much? Never thought about a super light build for mine - could be an option

Good question. I just checked and with a different saddle on (that one needs repairing) it weighs 9.90 kg. Not super light, but then my frame weighed in almost 300 g heavier than yours. Cranks and bar are light. Things like the rims and chainring are fairly hefty.

I guess I should add specs now it's finished:

Frame: 18" 1993? unknown fastback - converted to track dropouts
Fork: 1989? Raleigh Technium

Headset: Hope
Stem: Kore Elite
Handlebar: Pace/Renthal RC130
Grips: Ritchey WCS
Barends: n/a

Brakes: Tektro
Brake Pads: Tektro
Brake Cables: Fibrax
Cantilever cable hangers: Tektro
Brake Levers: Tektro

Shifters: n/a
Front Derailleur: n/a
Rear Derailleur: n/a
Derailleur Cables: n/a
Cassette: Chris King 13T
Chain: KMC Z510
Cranks: FRM CU2 Evolution (ISIS)
Crank Bolts: stainless self-extracting
Chainrings: unbranded 44T
Chainring bolts: Stronglight
Bottom Bracket: RPM ISIS
Pedals: Wellgo M-111

Hub Skewers: unbranded titanium
Front Rim: Mach1 Nitro
Rear Rim: Mach1 Nitro
Front Hub: Deore LX M560
Rear Hub: Deore LX M560
Spokes: unbranded black
Tyres: Panaracer RiBMo 26x1.75
Tubes: Continental
Dustcaps: KCNC

Saddle: Specialized Toupe Ti 143
Seatpost: Reverse Components Light 30.0mm x 400mm
Seatpost Binder: temporarily a bolt from a 1996 Zoom seatpost clamp

Weight: 9.90 kg / 21.8 lb

That's a pretty respectable weight for some fairly weighty wheels. You might be putting too much emphasis on the weight of the chainring though :). That's all the motivation I really don't need to start yet another project... I've got some lightweight bits hanging around - never actually done a lightweight build with a decent choice of components. Watch this space (but with no expectation of more than glacial progress...)

That's a pretty respectable weight for some fairly weighty wheels. You might be putting too much emphasis on the weight of the chainring though :). That's all the motivation I really don't need to start yet another project... I've got some lightweight bits hanging around - never actually done a lightweight build with a decent choice of components. Watch this space (but with no expectation of more than glacial progress...)

It would be great to see your frame built up as a lightweight build. Please start a thread if you do!

The chainring is easily mistaken for a discus 😂

Mine also has a rear brake bridge, yours doesn't seem to.
The 93 and 94 Jamis Dragon and Dakar used Ritchey tubing, had top tube cable routing but did not have brake bridges.
They also used the MT******** with eight numbers like yours (mine has seven numbers).
However the seat tube lug was also a different shape to our frames.
Some of the top Jamis frames of that era were made by Serotta too, even came labelled as such.
Are you sure you have a 30mm seatpost? 27.0 would be expected on this tubeset?

Do you have any more information or source for the Jamis serial numbers? I'm inclined to believe that is the best lead and maybe suggests ours came from the same factory, although with different tubesets.

The Jamis website says:

The serial number for your bike can be found stamped or printed on the underside (bottom bracket shell) of the frame. Sometimes there are 2 numbers listed on the bottom bracket shell which can cause confusion. The correct serial number will be a 9- or 10-digit alphanumeric sequence, usually beginning with a letter, and will not have any spaces or dashes.

which would fit with and explain our 9 and 10 digit serial numbers and having a second number.

Different cable guides, seat cluster lug to mine

Latest posts

Back