1993 “one of a kind” Dave Yates DONKIS NOB

Lovely stuff, will definitely have to take a look at the Donkis sometime Dan. Hopefully can get out for a ride with you and Martyn in the coming months. 👍. The 6 way colourway and trick parts , bike of dreams 😎👌

Proper lush that! Awesome pics, especially the 1993 action shot. I love the Bean Bag logo jersey & shorts!

Bike looks in great condition and has been both well used and loved.
Thanks , they are great pics and definitely brings out the best in it

It's kinda a Yeti Turquoise/grey fading into Bontrager dark purple - what's not to like :)
It’s quite hard to get the colours from photos but these are pretty good but much nicer in in real life

Lovely stuff, will definitely have to take a look at the Donkis sometime Dan. Hopefully can get out for a ride with you and Martyn in the coming months. 👍. The 6 way colourway and trick parts , bike of dreams 😎👌
Cheers mate , yeah will definitely have to get the rides going again and will bring it along

Here are some photos of my DONKIS NOB which I have had since new in 1993 , expertly taken by legendary photographer Geoff Waugh back at the Malverns last year . I got the bike through sponsorship with Been Bag and Dave Yates and was one of the first to be made , it’s a one off as I had asked Dave if it could be built with wish bone statys rather than the traditional ones ,apparently he used stays supplied by Chas Roberts from a DOGS BOLX it has a 6 colour spray designed by myself and trick parts that were supplied by NTI back in the day , grafton speed controllers , use ti seatpost , Merlin ti bars , salsa stem , pulstar hubs , SRP ti bolts and full XTR M900 . Also of a picture of myself racing it in 1993 at the Grundig round in Newnham
That's Lovely.......... :cool:

Tell me, about your thoughts on the rear wish bone and why you think it was apparently a Roberts Dog Bolox seat stay...?

The Dogs Rear wishbone is two parts and several different materials, I have never seen one that isnt, it is almost part of the Dogs Bolox DNA.

I have the same 653 rear wishbone seat photo 4 (1).JPG photo 1 (1).JPG stay with Cluedo/Chess Piece cable hanger on my Dave Yates Vulcan.

Have i missed something....? Tell me more...?

Back