1992 Specialized Stumpjumper - Finished!

That's thing, I don't have many bit 'in stock' to fit to it. So most bits I'm having to buy. I take the advice on board though, might end up buying a cheaper seatpost etc to then upgrade to nicer parts at a later date.

LX Mech arrived today:

10042010129.jpg

Just sorting some LX STi units now and that'll be me with a complete Black LX groupset :)

LX STi's sorted.

This bundle should be on its way to me next week:

08042010334_large_185.jpg

08042010333_large_244.jpg

Untitled.jpg

and the wheels:

PICT1286-1.jpg

PICT1283-1.jpg

This site certainly isn't good for you money wise!!!

Wheels and STi units arrived today. Got the wheels un-boxed and fitted the tyres. I think they look great. One big part of the puzzle complete (ish).

14042010134.jpg

14042010135.jpg

14042010136.jpg

Shimano HG50 8 Speed Cassette has just been ordered from Merlin. Need to decide on what skewers to run on the wheels too. Quite fancy a set of Red X-Lite camlocks if I can get a decent set.

Rear mech and canti's have arrived. So has the cassette, just need to pick it up from the sorting office.

The list of parts left to sort is diminishing:
* Seat post
* Saddle
* Chain
* Stem
* Handlebars
* Bar Ends
* Grips

I've got a stem and handlebars I can use until I sort some nice ones. No hurry for bar-ends. So really it's just:

* Seat post
* Saddle
* Chain
* Grips

Sithlord had a Syncros post for me, he just needs to find it. Quite a few Specialized saddles around, so sorting one shouldn't be too difficult. Chain and grips will be easy too.

Haven't managed to pop in to my local sand blasters to arrange getting the frame done (decals haven't arrived yet anyway, so no hurry). Also need to sort the paint out. Tempted to get it powdercoated Black, but I think I'd struggle to get the decals laquered over the top then and it wouldn't be the colour I want. Need to visit local paintshop really. Target for completion is June (sometime!).

Stuck the cassette on and thought I'd throw a few more bits on to see what it'll look like when done:

17042010140.jpg

Stem and handlebars are temps ;)

17042010141.jpg

17042010142.jpg

Just paid the powdercoaters a visit. Colours are limited unfortuntely, but they do a nice metallic grey which I quite like. Been quoted £70 for frame and forks to be stripped and powdercoated, which I don't think is too unreasonable. Just need to save up now :)

Back