1992 Specialized Stumpjumper - Finished!

Just bought a pair of Shimano LX/Mavic 517 silver wheelset from Sithlord. Black hubs should match the rest of the bike, whilst silver rims should give it a bit of a retro element. This should now give me a rolling chassis too :)

Tyres arrived today :)

03042010122.jpg

Been thinking about the direction to take this build. I can either do it cheap and be reasonably happy with the end result, or spend a bit more and be really happy with it. So I think I'm going to take my time with it and try and get the bits I really want for it.

The shopping list so far includes: Syncros or USE seatpost and a Syncros stem :)

Drivetrain is now heading in a retro 8sp direction. Going with black LX f & r mech's and a set of black LX canti's. Might buy some new 8sp shifters, but still need some brake levers.

Still waiting to hear back on the decals, which is really holding back any proper progress :(

That'll be Gil coming up trump with the decals!

92StumpjumperMatt.jpg

Will get these ordered up any day, which means I can finally sort getting the frame stipped and painted. Once that's done then the jobs on!

Still waiting on the LX wheels which should be with me any day. Just bought a black LX front mech from eBay today and paid for a set of LX canti's and a rear mech off a fellow RB member.

Still to sort:
* Seat post
* Saddle
* Cassette and chain
* Brake levers
* Shifters
* Stem
* Handlebars
* Bar Ends
* Grips

Not too long a list, getting there!

not a great fan of specializeds
but enjoying this one

if your going to use it just build it with what you've got then mod as you see fit

Back