1992 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt

Thanks guys.

Not sure if it's a DeKerf built, but my understanding is that he did a lot of the tig welded Thunderbolts. So it's likely, or at least possible. This one was built in late 1992 though, so I'm not sure if he was still contracted to Rocky at that point? I think RockiMTN/Frank has a detailed thread on his Thunderbolt---I'll read through it and see if I learn anything helpful for this one.

On pins and needles to receive it. Hopefully this time next week?

From the DeKerf website:

1991: Dekerf Cycle Innovations was incorporated by Chris DeKerf, the principal framebuilder and designer whose frames bear his name. Chris was the head of the handbuilt division of Rocky Mountain when the need to create and design without the constraints of a large company compelled him to venture out on his own. The initial years of the company consisted mainly of a high end fabrication shop working on a contract basis for larger manufactures including, ironically, Rocky Mountain.

maybe ;)

j0nnyr0cket":x7l733g9 said:
Nice one! By the way did you ever take delivery of that Blizzard your in-law picked up for you?

Good memory!

It's still in their basement in Woodbridge. I texted him a few times this month and haven't heard back. There's a Cycle Path near his house, so it shouldn't be too long now. I've given up on going up to retrieve it personally. Just too much going on down here.

j0nnyr0cket":1mluhat6 said:
He hasn't been bitten by the bug perhaps? If so you'll never get it from him.

Luckily, he doesn't ride bikes or even really care for them whatsoever.

Back