1992 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

Thanks for all the comments everyone! This is such a great community.

Blizz: Yes, the frame is a bit of the small size for me too, but I can still ride it quite comfortably. Part of the reason for getting it was the Syncros fork. As nice as it is to have it all original, I thought it would be nice to pick and choose some key parts for it that I really like.

RockiMtn: Yes, the bar that I'm after is for this bike :) I talked to jimbotoad and he has the downtube decals, but no Blizzard decal for the 92. I have a flight for the '96 Specialized build that I'm doing, but I really like the classic look of the Turbo for the 'older' bikes.

IHateRain: Yes, I should probably just polish it up. When I find some time I'll strip it down to the frame, give it a good clean and get to work on it. I would love to find a RM shoulder holder saddle. I had one back in the 90's but put it on a build I did for a friend. Really wish I would have kept it.

jimi911: I have a line on a '93 Blizzard if you're interested. I know jimbotoad has NOS decals for it as well if you want to make it shine like new.

troje: Yes it is. There were a couple Blizzard on there a while back.

Mike E.":2as7cavt said:
Great bike. Had a very close look at it when I was over at the previous owner's place grabbing some parts.
If you repaint then you will lose the "Welded by Chris DeKerf" decal.....pretty sure that's a hard one to find.
i thought the only "rumoured" Blizzard welded in Canada by DeKerf was 93. All other years prior they were Toyo welded frames from Japan. :?

Eric, can you give a close-up shot of this decal?

I can't find a "Welded by Chris DeKerf" decal on the bike at all, so perhaps it was a different bike that Mike E. looked at. I'm curious about the '93 Blizzard that I saw for sale now. Would be nice to get the serial from it and see if it's one of the 'rumoured' Dekerfs.
IMG_4323.JPG

IMG_4324.JPG

if your 92 had a Welded by DeKerf decal, that would have been a first I've seen one. I don't think the 93 had any such indication either. Hence why i say "rumoured". ;)

Guessing the bike I saw was one he put back into his collection.
Definitely had the decal because I had been talking about grabbing a Generation frame and he said, "Sooo, if you like DeKerf's..." and wheeled out the bike, and voila, there it was.

OK....update...
It was a Thunderbolt that he showed me with the decal. White frame/Rocky/they all look the same..... :D ;) ;) ;)

i was gonna ask you if you were sure it was a blizzard.

they all look the same??? :? :roll:

it was a t-bolt and you didn't buy it?

It wasn't for sale....too small for me anyway.
"they all look the same." Thought that would get a rise out of ya' :)

Not sure if that was the one. It does belong to vintageman, but the paint is white with splatter. Wouldn't surprise me if he had two though...:)

Back