1992 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

ericgoodwin

Dirt Disciple
I fell in love with Rocky, Syncros and Raceface growing up biking in BC, Canada in the early 90s. I could never afford a bike until 1996, but always really wanted a Blizzard as the older kids had them.

I recently purchased this 1992 Rocky Mountain Blizzard and have begun to fix it up a bit. The plan is to get a repaint and put on new decals. Other things that it needs are a new rear wheel, grips, tires, new front shifter and some work on the drive train. I'd also like to replace the Rocky bar with a Syncros one, but that's not a necessity. New additions on the bike since the purchase are the Syncros post (thanks Frank!) and the Turbo saddle.

blizzard_no_work.jpg

Re:

Looks great - does it really need a repaint?

Looks great! I almost bought that one last year but held off since I was after an 18.5".
Bonus that you got a Syncros Powerlite with it since the stock fork was the Tange Struts. I wouldn't bother with a repaint either, it looks like it's only the "blizzard" sticker that's in rough shape, but sometimes it's nice to get the whole kit redone. My decals from my 92 are in pretty rough shape too...Frank, I heard that you might be making some Rocky Mountain decals available for us Retrobikers, is that true???

Eric that looks nice. :cool: Same 17" size I've been trying to sell? I need an 18.5" :(

Glad to see the seatpost you needed was to complement the Syncros kit you already had for this Blizzard. Is the bar you're after for this as well? I like the look of that Turbo saddle, maybe I should try one instead of the Flites that I always go for.

Ah… decals. I've created the artwork but have been stuck/procrastinating on doing the leg work to find a printer to do the dirty. :oops: If you're in need you should speak with jimbotoad. He has a stash of originals though not complete in all colour and models, but still could help some of you guys out.

A blizzard is still on my wish list. I have a set of tange fatty forks waiting for the right frame :)

I would leave it as is. That's a rider. It's tough to enjoy them as much when they get too pretty.

Nice project; will def. visit this thread again :) Maybe the frame just needs to be polished and with some cablerub and those original decals it´s condition should get acceptable again. I worked on mine for thee hours with grinding paste high gloss finish (?) and it almost looks new!

Sure it´s a question of taste but I´ld go with the flite. ...or a RM shoulderholder if you find one.

Friendly greetings
IHateRain

Very nice, was that the one advertised on CL Vancouver? Agree with others it does not need a repaint. But some good close up pics are always appreciated!

Great bike. Had a very close look at it when I was over at the previous owner's place grabbing some parts.
If you repaint then you will lose the "Welded by Chris DeKerf" decal.....pretty sure that's a hard one to find.

Back