1992 Rocky Mountain Altitude

my gawd, bikes shouldn't be made that big, it just looks all wrong! :LOL:

on a serious note, nice to see another RM up and running! ;)

utahdog2003":242jynyw said:
RockiMtn":242jynyw said:
on a serious note, nice to see another RM up and running! ;)

Hey! I resemble that! :LOL: I'll have you know that I built a hub for mine, so I'm screamin' along now! :LOL: ;)

:p you and neilll should compare progress notes on RM builds! :LOL:

FluffyChicken":9iq4ptwm said:
Was what the ride like in the end ?

Very tidy indeed although to be honest I'd be hard pushed to separate it from any other early 90s high end steel.

ededwards":30060mm0 said:
FluffyChicken":30060mm0 said:
Was what the ride like in the end ?

Very tidy indeed although to be honest I'd be hard pushed to separate it from any other early 90s high end steel.

They are all generally made of the same tubing ;)
I've not ridden ridden a 1992yr to compare with as the tubing and angles changes and they made it lighter from 1991.
It was corrected for MAGs iirc not designed around the Syncros.
I guess the forks must have held together. :LOL:
Hope it doesn't go the way of gumps :LOL:

that used to be one of my top drool after bikes - didnt that have a radical sloped down tube? or is this a big frame?

They never had a 'radical' sloping top tube just the now 'iconic look' of their normal framed bikes :LOL: With a slight top tube drop so that it is a tube below the seat stays.

The Blizzard used the 'radical' slope as used on the Wedge and Avalanche previously. But the 'race' bikes used the design like in the picture, the all riders/enduro/... radical slope.

Though the front end would be higher by an inch or so if they sus forks where fitted as this years model came.

pluzall":3km87s2m said:
that used to be one of my top drool after bikes - didnt that have a radical sloped down tube? or is this a big frame?

It is a big old frame (you can see by the length of the head tube) and to be honest I don't think that massively sloping top tubes look very good on bigger bikes. Not that this one looks particularly good you understand.

Back