1992 Orange Aluminium Elite. Completed! New pics!

Had a tootle down to Ward Jackson Park with my two boys this aftey. A nice dry Autumnal day here in Hartlepool...
This rides superb. Very sprightly and light. I can see why it was a very good XC race model in its day... I’m very happy with how this build has turned out.... :D

Attachments

• 975BC1B5-E606-46BE-9413-8254798C4BCC.jpeg
    975BC1B5-E606-46BE-9413-8254798C4BCC.jpeg
    285 KB · Views: 369
  • DFA1ACF6-EDF0-4637-9FE1-E0A8C828A7DF.jpeg
    DFA1ACF6-EDF0-4637-9FE1-E0A8C828A7DF.jpeg
    302.2 KB · Views: 369
Hello

I really like what you have done with your frame.

I have just bought an Aluminum Elite (1993) myself and I am wondering if I should reassemble it as in 1993 or make it a single-speed single chainring.

In any case you have made a nice restoration, well done!

Re:

Thank you....

I’d restore with gears as close to 93 as you can. These bikes ride amazing!

I’ll stick on a full build list tomorrow so you can see the closer details...

Andy

I am thinking of getting attached to the black and polished aluminum color scheme, I have the parts for that and also the ShimanoXT M737 M738.

I am really amazed by the lightness of the frame and the fork

Re:

This looks fantastic.......... :D Glad to see it completed and really like the theme you've gone with. I've been out of the loop myself for sometime but really keen to get on with mine in the near future. Great looking bike that has got me thinking to get mine finished soon all being well. :)

Thanks for the comments guys... it actually rides more comfortable that some other retro bikes I’ve had...
This is probably my favourite bike in my retro lineup...

Gets a lot of nice looks and comments when I tootle about on it with my two sons.

I’d love to take it off-road but I just can’t deal with the thought of it being anything other than immaculate!

Cheers

Back