1992 Merlin Mountain - where do the decals go?

Little Bob

Senior Retro Guru
It's been quite a while since I've been on here, kind of got into other things for a bit.

I've had the decals for my '92 Merlin for ages but been apprehensive about putting them on the frame as they took me so long to find. Anyway, I'm going for it...

But where exactly to the decals go?

I know what goes where but I'd like to get them pretty much perfectly positioned and as near as possible to the original locations.

If anyone has pictures of a '92 Merlin with the original decals on that would be great - close enough images so I can get a good idea of where I should put them.

Thanks in advance Guys.

"TITANIUM" on top tube, "MERLIN" on diagonal tube, the bird logo on headtube, "3-2.5" on seat tube.
If it's a 1992, perhaps you have "greasecard" : on the seat tube too, under the BB.
"Rob Vandermark" on the stay (not the derailleur stay…)

Thanks 24pouces really appreciate you coming back to me on this - But I probably wasn't too clear...

I know what decals go on which tubes it's really EXACTLY where on the tube each goes that I need - e.g. How far down the down tube does the Merlin decal go, and how close to the head tube does the Titanium decal go on the top tube.

A picture of these areas would be great as I can then get a feel for placing them in the right area rather than taking a punt and getting it all wrong

Little Bob":2eemjsj5 said:
Thanks 24pouces really appreciate you coming back to me on this - But I probably wasn't too clear...

I know what decals go on which tubes it's really EXACTLY where on the tube each goes that I need - e.g. How far down the down tube does the Merlin decal go, and how close to the head tube does the Titanium decal go on the top tube.

A picture of these areas would be great as I can then get a feel for placing them in the right area rather than taking a punt and getting it all wrong

give me 10 to finish eating my alpen!

the best i could do (trying to hold the camera and tape measure! though the "titanium" on the to tube is helped by the cable guides - only any good if yours has the optional to tube cable routing!)

1d6d4ff1.jpg

9e31e011.jpg

aa2c4da8.jpg

0ca60f3c.jpg

ead5e53e.jpg

9aea5ab6.jpg

Taffy - you are a legend.

Absolutely perfect, many thanks.

Your frame looks immaculate by the way.

:D my pleasure

It's pretty tidy (the luck of buying it off a poseur!)- bar the "M" in titanium on the RH side of the top tube which has some cable rub which is err hidden by the cable!

Have you' cleaned' yours with a scotchbrite pad?

I need to do mine before the decals go on and yours looks nice and shiny (in a brushed kind of way...).

Well I'll be a happy chap if mine looks anything like yours when I've finished.

Liking the top tube cable routing, mine is downtube routed.

Thanks again.

Back