1992 Klein Rascal

Hilts

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
For sale is my 1992 Klein Rascal, sad to see her go, but rather here than ebay..
main.php

Size is medium, centre BB to top seat tube is 19”
Frame is in good condition, although it has had a weld on the seat tube where the tell tale Klein crack was just putting in an appearance, decided to be on the safe side and get it fixed, you can see it in the pic below.
main.php

Horizontal drop outs so ideal single speed machine.
Manitou 1 forks, cosmetically great but will need new elastomers.
Deore XT low Pro canti breaks with cool stop pads.
main.php

Cranks – Deore XT M730 (one pedal is stuck)
Specialites chainrings (NOS).
main.php

Klein mission control stem.
Deore XT threaded 1” headset.
Deore XT II Thumbshifters.
Deore XT Two finger brake levers.
New Serfas grips
main.php

Front Mech – XT M735
main.php

Rear Mech – XT M735 short cage
main.php

Hubs – Exage
Rims – Ritchey Vantage Sport (need truing)
Tyres – Michelin amber wall wildgrippers
main.php

Seatpost – Deore XT 27.2
Saddle – Avocet Gel Flex
main.php

I would rather sell the bike complete but if someone wants the Frame then I may split if the other bits are also wanted.
Whole thing will be £420 posted ovno
I will quote for individual parts if someone wants the Frame.

Cheers
Hilts

Have had interest in the frame but nothing definite. however I am prepared to split if anyone wants any of the bits. Let me know and I'll give you a price on this thread.

What length steerer is on the Manitou's? Are the elastomers easy to come by and are they easy to change? What price would you be looking for for the forks?

Cheers.

I've got a couple of Manitou crowns/Steerers and a load of spares. I'm waiting to get hold of a Manitou allen key so i can take out the soft elastomers in these and replace with some new ones I have in a pair of mani 2's.

I'll have to get back to you that because it might take me a little while to source the allen key.

b interested in the XT seatpost if u split, may need a close up picture though

Seat post is not perfect by any means, bit of fading and some marking. if you want NOS/immaculate this is not the post for you. However if you want a half decent XT in 27.2 flavour this could be perfect.

Hilts":phs99b6j said:
I've got a couple of Manitou crowns/Steerers and a load of spares. I'm waiting to get hold of a Manitou allen key so i can take out the soft elastomers in these and replace with some new ones I have in a pair of mani 2's.

I'll have to get back to you that because it might take me a little while to source the allen key.

go to your local garage , and ask them to weld a long road onto a normal allen key , should take 1 minute and cost you a pack of biscuits .

Back